Donations to Discovery

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Dreading Your Workout May Not Be a Bad Thing!

I remember several months ago saying to my CrossFit Coach at CrossFit WMD, Will Black....

"Man..... Are you supposed to dread these workouts? I mean you're supposed to like to do this - right?"

His response was short, to the point and went something like....

"Nothing wrong with that.... I dread every workout I ever do.... If you don't dread it, you're probably not pushing hard enough".

I mean I look around me in the ZiaCrossFit box and I see people pushing themselves into a place that is not comfortable...

OK.... I'll just say it..... it's a Place of Pain.

Your cardio is maxed out and you are gasping for air.....

Your legs are burning.... Your shoulders are giving out.

You're struggling to maintain the right form so you don't hurt yourself and you get the maximum efficiency for each lift.

Back Straight, Arms Straight, Head Up, Feet Shoulder Width Apart, Toes Out....

Ok.... Drive from the bottom.... Get under the Bar.... Shoulder with a Good Platform....

Dip and Drive....

God... I barely got that one.... and I've got 53 more to go.

What the Fuck?

I hate this Shit!

Damn.... Duane's already finished.... and I'm only 2/3 done.

Breathe through your nose Stupid and quit gasping like an Old Man!

Only 38 more to go.....

I'm gonna get this.....

This shit hasn't killed me before....

And everybody else is doing it....

Get your shit together.

Geez.... I'm 10 minutes into this and I'm still going.

I think I got this....

Only 20 more to go.....

I can make it.

Last One.....

TIME!

Mother F'er.... Who comes up with these WOD's?

Man.....

Am I dreading the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment