Donations to Discovery

Friday, March 27, 2015

Everybody's just doing the best they can.... How Santa Fe scores on the Asshole Index!

This is one of those feel good posts I have to put out every once in a while to take the edge off the Do or Die philosophy that seems to be rampant in my thought process and lifestyle.

Let me tell ya what I'm talking about by the post title.

There's some negative stuff in the world....

and some people that can put the hurt on your day or your attempts at being the best you can be.

But here's the kicker....

The other side of the coin....

The Story that doesn't get told enough.

I've been out of Texas for 3 months now....

In Santa Fe New Mexico most of the time and a week or so in Durango Colorado.

And I've met quite a few people.... Not 500.... but maybe a hundid or so.

A lot of them at ZiaCrossFit in New Mexico.... some at Durango CrossFit... many at Anytime Fitness....

Some at local restaurants, bars, grocery stores....

Some at real estate companies, property management companies, some recruiters, work associates....

Some while hiking, others at the Coffee Shop....

Pretty much a random number generator of Social Interaction....

And you know what I've discovered... what my experience has been.... how the people have interacted with me.... how they've treated me....

How these people are....

They're just normal, good, hard working people that are doing the best they can....

To get through their own lives....

And do no harm....

To themselves or anybody else.

I mean maybe I've just been lucky.... but I don't think so.

I've been a Stranger.... A Newcomer.... A Texan in New Mexico.... A Guy riding a bike down the busy streets of Santa Fe NM....

And I've been met with greetings, introductions, kind words and acceptance.

A while back my son and I talked about an index that I could use to judge the people in a new location....

We called it the "Asshole" Index....

And the way it is calculated is.....

# of people you meet who are negative or mean divided by the total number of people you meet

So if you met a hundred people and 10 were assholes, that area would get a score of 10 on the Asshole Index.

So obviously, lower is better.

So how does Santa Fe score?

Well.... 0 / 100 =

ZERO.

That's pretty hard to beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment