Donations to Discovery

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Yes.... I'm still ALIVE!!!

Another week in Santa Fe New Mexico....


Another week of sticking with a Paleo Plan with plenty of veggies....

Asparagus, Red & Green Bell and Jalapeno Peppers, Sweet Onions, Carrots... all well seasoned with your choice of spices.

Saute' this vegetable medley in a very hot, dry (no oil) cast iron skillet for at least 5 minutes turning continuously....


And then add the seasoned kale and some diced Turkey bacon and a link of TJ's Sweet Basil Chicken Sausage.


Then last....

Diced Roasted Chicken and Baked Sweet Potato....

It's already cooked so just needs to be heated up.


That is a massive amount of vegetable and protein in one skillet.


Add some raisin - dried fruit - nut mix for sweetness, texture and crunch.


Why do I eat like this?

Because it's the only way I can expect my body to do these kind of workouts.

5 sets of 3 reps of heavy squats - this week it's 275.... I only got 3 sets but I felt it.

And then a 15-12-9 of Thrusters with 95#, Burpees and Handstand Pushups (7,6,5)


12 mins and 20 seconds of continuous intense activity is what CrossFit is all about.

High Intensity, Short Duration, Functional Movements.


Big change from a couple of weeks ago.... the Garage door is open at ZiaCrossFit to 55 - 60 degree temps.


More veggies with salad and chicken and veggies over Focaccia bread with 2 eggs over medium and sweet onion.

Kalamata Olives for garnish and Garlic Chili Paste.


I've shopped at several different places in Santa Fe NM and I've got my favorite places established.

I've visited the Whole Food Markets and found their prices much higher than Trader Joe's on the type of stuff I eat so I haven't shopped there but....

They have a beautiful deli section with a lot of options.

I was hungry for some breakfast food so I grabbed a piece of French Toast covered with fresh berries and honey and a Beef Breakfast Quesadilla with Red and Green Chile and a coffee.

All for about $8.

And they have $6 lunches!


My lower back was killing me (an old lower vertebrae injury that flairs up periodically) but I said to hell with it and muscled up 5 sets of 5 deadlifts with 255# and then hit some Nasty Girls.

3 rounds for time of:
50 Squats
7 Muscle-ups
10 Hang power cleans (135 lbs)


I did the Jumping Muscle up off a low box and loved doing the movement and it was good practice for doing a strict Muscle Up in the future...

One of my CrossFit goals.


Following a run-in with Nasty Girls, I settled on a patty of Ground Turkey Breast Mix, a slice of TJ's Uncured Turkey Bacon and slices of Baked Sweet Potato with a coating of cinnamon.


2 eggs over medium with lots of seasoning.


That's 3 proteins and a slow release carb.


Yeah.... I'm still alive and kicking and eating and CrossFitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment