Donations to Discovery

Monday, March 2, 2015

So what's in the grocery bag Wills?

The Fitness Battle is won at the Point of Purchase!

What do I mean by that?

You have to make good decisions at the grocery store.

If you don't want it in the house..... don't buy it.

Decide ahead of time what you will buy and stick to the plan.

I got done at the 9:00 - 10:00 PIYO Strength class and needed a few things so strolled over to Smith's.

What did I buy?


Turbinado Sugar.... yes I do eat Sugar....Raw Cane Sugar.... almost exclusively in my coffee in the morning.

It's a luxury I afford myself because I value the taste of my coffee and my mornings so much.

Creatine - I've talked many times about the fact that I consider this the single best bang for the buck supplement there is.

Glutamine - I normally take this in pill form but decided to try the dosed up powder version.... Great for recovery.

Colossal Roasted Chicken - kinda pricey at $8.99 but these chickens are huge and I can easily get 4 - 6 meals out of this..... it's cheap, already cooked, well-seasoned protein.

Gotta have my fruits and veggies - tomatoes, Fuji apples, bananas and grapes.


So I cut out 1/2 of one of the breast from the Colossal chicken - that's at least 6 oz of skinless chicken breast which has a whopping 52 g of protein for only 276 calories.



Add a bed of spring mix and tomatoes with some balsamic, EVOO and salt and pepper...


and some sauted baked sweet potato and banana with cinnamon.


And you've got a pretty good post workout meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment