Donations to Discovery

Saturday, March 7, 2015

CrossFit Open 15.2 and We ain't in Texas anymore Dorothy!

A CrossFit friend of mine from back in Texas asked me the other day if I was doing the CrossFit Open.

The short answer is Yes and No.

Yes I'm doing the workouts but I didn't register for it.... 

And it's probably for the best since I've taken on some sort of respiratory distress over the last couple of weeks which hasn't helped the cardio challenge that these workouts represent.

But I met my nemesis.... the Overhead Squat in 15.2.... and smoked it!

But the Chest 2 Bar was my downfall.... just don't have the kipping motion right.

But I knocked out 1 round and 20 reps on the 2nd round so not too bad.


I rarely get to see the mountains on the ride back north on Agua Fria from Siler because I'm always leaving ZiaCrossFit during the dark during the week and last Saturday was the Epic Snow Ride.... but today.....

Today was gorgeous with jet contrails making a zig zag over the Sangre de Cristo Mountains.


When I was in Texas last summer, people kept asking me if I was a runner.

With a badly strained / irritated Left Soleus / Achilles Tendon, I can barely walk without a limp now.... so running is out of the question.....

But I'm doing what I can in the Anytime Fitness and ZiaCrossFit workouts and trying to add muscle while maintaining a relatively low bodyfat level.

15.2 put the hammer to me but I'll just keep on with what I'm doing....

The View of the Mountains and the ZiaCrossFit workouts remind me.....

I'm not in Texas anymore!

I've had to adapt.....

To survive.


Is this the right direction for me.... More Muscle... More Weight?

I don't know.....

For now.... I'll just take it one Stair at a Time.


As I was rolling my bike out of the CrossFit Box after last Wednesday's workout, one of the ZiaCrossFit regulars said....

"Man... No wonder you stay so lean.... You ride a bike everywhere!"

It's a choice....


Deprivation is a form of Adaptation right?

No comments:

Post a Comment