Donations to Discovery

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Last Supper... I Mean Breakfast... Back at La Casa!!

I've only eaten about 3 or 4 restaurant meals this whole week of vacation and had completely depleted all the groceries I had with me so decided to have a "Binge Meal" at the Lakeway Resort Masterson's Restaurant Breakfast Buffet....

And what a day for a buffet!

Sunday - they have Smoked Salmon, Eggs Benedict with Lobster sauce, Eggs And Chorizo, Bacon....


The next plate I went to the egg omelette making bar and had the cook dish up some fresh spinach, tomatoes and peppers and put some salsa on that for dressing and then another round of salmon, eggs and watermelon and cantaloupe.



A last view of Lake Travis as I was loading up everything from the room...



And the flowers I bought at Randalls last Sunday are still looking pretty!


The Red Mare is loaded up.... I decided He was a She...


And 3 hours and 200 miles later....

Boom - back at la casa!!!


And a meal of grapes, Medjool dates, Cranberry nut mix, pistachios and sunflower seeds drizzled with honey and sprinkled with cinnamon -

How many times have you heard and seen this?

Hey - it's great and my taste buds and body loves it so why change???


And a glass of my favorite HEB Cul-de-Sac Sangria!


Speaking of HEB....

GROCERY RUN!!!

Paleo Wagon - Meat, Eggs, Fruits, Vegetables, Nuts....

The HEB clerks have gotten used to seeing me with this basket and often comment on my healthy selection.

Great to have some positive reinforcement....

It's interesting..... People know healthy food selection when they see it....

So why don't they do it themselves?

Beats the hell out of me!


And you know how I love flowers!!!

The proteins in the top tray from left to right are:
Adobo seasoned chicken leg quarters on which I peel the skin back and add my African - Moroccan seasoning under the skin.... I sear these in a hot cast iron skillet and then bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
Salmon fillets - these have to be removed from the outer package and the individual vacuum wrap and allowed to defrost - then I hit 'em heavy with the same African - Moroccan seasonings.
Flounder fillets - Ditto


Miss the Hill Country already and especially my workouts at Gold's Gym....

But good to be back home too.... 

No.... on 2nd thought.... I'd rather be in Austin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment