Donations to Discovery

Monday, August 25, 2014

Remake of a Classic... Creating your Paleo Place... No matter Where You Are!!!

Heard this song and had to do an ear double take....

It's Sir Mix-a-Lot's "Baby Got Back"....

And who can argue with Nicki Minaj being the perfect person to sing this song!!!


What's up with this pic?

Just got back from a very challenging CrossFit like "Gold'sFit" workout at the Bee Cave Gold's Gym and needed to refuel.

And I wanted to show you that you can maintain a strict Paleo diet wherever you go wherever you are...

That full delicious container of goodness at the bottom of the pic is mostly the meat and veggies I cooked on Saturday with some other goodies added....


Blackened Pork Chop from the Saturday cooking
Cooked veggies from the Saturday cooking - Onions, Hatch Chiles, Asparagus, Squash, Zucchini, Carrots, Bok Choy, Purple Kale
Roasted Hatch Chiles - I bought a 1# package already beautifully roasted at the Bee Cave Randall's for $1.47!
Fresh Kale I brought from home - all I did was add it to the veggies, add some salt and pepper and then sprinkle it with water - the 2 minutes in the microwave to heat everything up cooked the fresh kale perfectly.
Boiled Egg I brought from home.
Grapes I brought from home
Grape tomatoes I brought from home
Pistachios I brought from home
Creatine, Fresca, Moscato - all I brought from home

Are you getting it yet.... 

I made this entire meal almost exclusively from already cooked and fresh ingredients I brought from home.

That way you know and control what's going into your body and maybe more importantly you control your spending while on vacation....

Which means you can take more vacations!!!

Life Hacking 101.


And being able to do this was possible because of this set-up....

How did I get this?

I called ahead and asked for Lakeway to install a microwave and refrigerator in the room.

Pretty simple - took a 2 minute phone call.

I brought:
Nutribullet and 2 cups in a 2 gallon Ziploc bag with me.
Small cutting board, knife, spoon, salt & pepper and other spices, dishwashing liquid.
Just a little bit of planning and packing and I've basically recreated 90% of my kitchen in my hotel room!!!


I mean come on....

What restaurant is gonna serve you this kind of muscle building fat busting food!!!


Just call this Wills' Paleo Place!!!


And what better dining room than a comfie bed with an overlook of Lake Travis.


Some people may think this is taking things to an extreme....

Each to his own...

You know what I think is extreme?

People spending $20 - $40 for a plate of food and eating a bunch of starchy fattening heavy food while on vacation!

Each of my plates cost less than $4 and rebuild my body better, stronger and leaner than it was before.

Pick your Poison...

Pay Up and Survive.

OR

Plan ahead and Thrive!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment