Donations to Discovery

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Living with the Basics... Fast Cars and Paleo...

Been wide open since 4:15 this morning.

Got up and washed, dried and folded clothes, cleaned the house in case there was a short notice showing today, showered and was drinking coffee at Starbucks at 6:15.  Did a couple of blog posts (see previous....), researched some vacation spots.... then went to Academy to look at some shotguns on sale and to Walmart for Folger's Mocha Swirl (only place that has it consistently in LJT - I told you I like my coffee - I like Chocolate Coffee.... Chocolate Beer.... Chocolate.... OK - I'll stop there) and a portable handheld vac to keep the carpet in the Stang cleaned up between details....

Which I did right after Walmart.... that is detail the Stang...

Lemme tell you..... after driving a 239 hp 4800 lb 4x4 truck....and after driving a 420 hp 3800 lb Sports Car...

There's a Big Difference!

Yeah - I know - Obvious.

I like to go fast.... but this sonofabitch is TOO FAST!

Hang on.... is there any such thing as too fast??


So how's the Stang?

It's a Great Car....Like I said.... Easy to Drive Very Fast....

Very well laid out inside.... Everything is right where it should be....

Bluetooth Phone and Interface with USB or Bluetooth on Music on Phone is easy.... You get in the car and it automatically links up with the phone when you turn the switch on.

Never thought I'd like leather but these Saddle Brown seats are comfortable and fit me like a glove..... Even though I have the driver's seat covered up with my Mickey Mouse Blanket which I've been sitting on in a vehicle going on 12 years now.

Gas mileage is OK IF you stay out of it.... I've seen 22 on the highway cruising at 70.... and 20 at a hundid...

Yes.... this MFer will cruise at whatever speed you wanna set it at..... up to 145.... that's where it is electronically limited..... 

And it will take a corner faster than you want to take a corner....

After literally rowing a long throw 5 spd in my truck for 11 years.... this close ratio 6 spd has me skipping 3rd and 4th and shifting to 5th... still getting used to wrist flicking vs rowing.

The other thing is that it is geared really low.... almost too low.... with the Track Package 3.73 rear end, the owner's manual has you shifting into 6th at 42 mph!!!!

And in a feet to the floor all out acceleration, it's hard to get to the next gear without hitting the electronically limited 7000 rpm limit.

This ain't no Stallion.... this is Fucking Secretariat!


Next stop is HEB for the weekly Paleo run...

They keep clearance-ing these exotic Balsamic Vinegars for like 80% off....

And I keep buying 'em....

Along with the usual suspects....

Grapes, Strawberries, Cranberry Nut Mix, Plumcots, Fuji Apples, Fresca,
Cage Free Eggs, Sweet Leaf Spring Mix, Organic Kale, Carrot Sticks, Honey,
Hatch Chile Peppers, Serrano Peppers, Red Bell Pepper, Tomatoes, Sweet Onion, Scallops,
Sirloin (on sale for $2.97 / lb), Pre-Seasoned Pork Chops, Pre-Seasoned Chicken Leg Quarters (on sale for $1.15 / lb), Flounder Fillets, Salmon Fillets....

That's a lot of Good Food....

If you wanna build your Body the Natural Way....

You basically have to become an Eating Machine....

I am that...


Protein Alley!!


Fruit and Nut Section...


Doing the Outback Willie treatment to the Chicken, Pork and Sirloin....

With my special dry rub of Seasoned Meat Tenderizer, Salt, Pepper, Ras al Hanout, Hot Madras Curry Powder, Garam Masala, Curry, Cumin and Turmeric.


Still haven't got my workout in today.... but haven't eaten since last night.... so made a quick snack of Boiled Egg, Blueberries and Cranberry Nut Mix and Creatine and Fresca.


This is the kind of Snack that does your body good and won't blow your diet.


Day ain't half done....

Let's go get a workout in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment