Donations to Discovery

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Throwback Thursday... Bee Cave GoldsFit... Making New Friends.... Knowing Your Enemies

It's Thursday... so time for a Throwback to the 80s!


This guy could've been one of the Greatest Artists of All Time....

But him and one of the 20 Guys Who Runs the World or the Recording Industry got crosswise....

And you know who wins those battles.


Another one of the 27 Club - Great Artists who died at 27...

Kind of pisses me off when these people with so much God given talent decide to end it all...

But I guess the Demons they fight and sometimes lose to are one of the elements that make them so great...

I dunno....

I'm just an old Deep East Texas Redneck who likes music...

And wishes Janis was still with us...


Moving to the current....


And moving to the 8:00 am GoldsFit WOD....

My instructor today was this sharp looking lady named Sherrie.

She said Justin and Mike were talking about me and the whole Paleo thing and how long I had been on it strict - since March 17th.

She added - "And I hear you drink beer". 

To which I listed my beverages of choice - Water, Coffee, Tea, Fruit Punch Creatine Mix, Fresca, Wine and of course....

Beer - Especially Coffee and Chocolate infused beers.

As I told Sherrie....

You gotta pick your Battles.

Find what works for you and stick with it!

Kinda hard to see but Sherrie put us through a good stretching and dynamic warm-up and then had us do 4 rounds of:

15 Ball Slams
15 Wall Balls
150m Row Sprint

with 3 minutes rest in between.

Then for the Afterburner.... my Friend Fran...

21-15-9 of Box Jumps, Pull-ups and Burpees

Turned out to be a pretty rigourous workout pushing an hour 15 minutes total.

Gotta tell ya....

I'm impressed with this GoldsFit program.... 

Doesn't have the heavy barbell work of CrossFit but has everything else...

And the 3 different instructors I've had so far - Justin, Mike and Sherrie....

All different looks, styles and personalities....

But top notch trainers and coaches....

Don't know what they're feeding these guys in the Gold's Gym Certification / Hiring program, but I want some of it, cause these guys are Top Shelf!

The whole gym is neat, clean, well organized and has that Austin vibe of energy and enthusiasm.

If I lived within 20 miles of here....

Gold's Gym Bee Cave would get my money and membership...



My Fran board....


My workout spilled over into the 9:00 am class....

Wish I could've attended this one but I had a Webex meeting to attend....

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do...


Post Workout Nutribullet stuffed with...
Kale
Heirloom Carrots
Zucchini
Grape Tomatoes
Grapes
Plum
and 2/3 full of Fruit Punch Creatine - Fresca mix



Nutribullet in action.... or should I say in extraction - that's what they call it anyway...


You can kinda see the vitamins jumping out of this slurry of goodness!


Paired it with a small portion of chicken breast, cooked veggies, a boiled egg, grapes and some whole heirloom carrots.


Doesn't look like much but with the chicken breast and vegetable broth in the bottom and the texture of the carrots and sweetness of the grapes and my body screaming for calories - protein and clean carbs - this was the ticket!


At some point, you have to define what a "Good Life" is and then "Create that Life"....


This is a big part of my good life....Paleo!

Lunch - 

Roasted Chicken Breast from the whole chicken I bought at Randalls last night.
Roasted Hatch Chiles also from Randalls
Organic Kale put in the container sprinkled with salt and pepper and with some water added on top...
Heated that mix in the microwave for 2-1/2 mins to wilt the kale and heat up the chicken and chiles.
Then added grape tomatoes, avocado, boiled egg and carrots.
Then drizzle a little EVOO and some Fig infused Balsamic and tumble and toss...


Pair with Mint Green Tea.


Not bad for a 4 minute meal made in a hotel room with only a microwave!


Part of living a Good Life is identifying WHAT or WHO brings you down....
And staying the HELL away from those PEOPLE or THINGS!


Heading back to Golds Gym for the 6:00 pm Body Pump...

See ya there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment