Donations to Discovery

Friday, August 29, 2014

So Wills... When You Gonna Stop?

So when am I  gonna stop listening to the dark, driving, psychosocial  grunge and post-grunge music?

Let's see....

How 'bout NEVER!




Let the Bodies hit the floor....  Let the Bodies hit  the floor.... Let the Bodies hit the floor....

Justin should've been playing this today when we were doing Burpees!!!


Seriously, it never ceases to amaze me how people have become conditioned to accept that they should look a certain way or act a certain way just because everybody else around them or society or culture in general, puts pressure on them to do so.

For instance, the Southern Culture is such that it conditions people who are over 50 to think of themselves as "old"....

Capable of only drinking beer and whiskey and eating lots of "Brown Food" and buying an RV and driving around the US in a 10000# gas guzzler.

I see it everywhere around me.... less so here in the Austin area.... which has more of a Cali vibe.... but definitely deeply rooted in the Houston / Gulf Coast area where 70% of the people are overweight and unhealthy - no judgment on my part - I'm just saying what I'm seeing.

The point of this little rant is that you have to make your own way - cut your own path through life.... do exceptional things... unusual things so long as they benefit you and make you better in some way or help or benefit others....

Let me give you a list of my "divergent" NEVER GONNA STOP items:

I eat a healthy Paleo diet - looks weird to a lot of people eating only meat, eggs, veggies, fruit and nuts - you know what - it looks weird to me when I see people with a half a person hanging over their belt shoveling in plates of unhealthy food - guess it depends on what you want - 44 waist pants or 31 waist pants.

I work out often and with intensity, focus and purpose - I'm pushing my body every workout to do better, go further faster, be stronger, more flexible and look more muscular and ripped than the previous workout.  

I do Body Pump, Boot Camp, CrossFit, now Gold'sFit, Zumba and Hip Hop because they challenge my body in so many different ways of cardio, strength, balance, coordination and rhythm - might seem stupid and silly to a lot of folks to see a 52 year old guy ripping out a set of pull-ups or box jumps or cleaning 135# over and over or doing a 150 rep set of squats or stepping lively to Ariana or Iggy Azalea or Jason Derulo.... but you know what? 

I'm doing it and it makes me feel better, look better and be better than folks 25 years younger than me so No I'm never gonna stop.

I drink Coffee like water and mix up Creatine like Sweet Tea.  

Are there risks to each? 

Yep.... and there's risk to smoking and working too much and texting while driving and eating a plate of enchiladas 3 times a week. 

Next.

I sleep as little as the recovery of  my body from the previous day's activities allows and I do as much during the waking hours as I can.

I run and gun from sun to sun plus.... all day every day.  

Cause Life is Short and it's Shorter for me than someone who's 25.

I drive fast, walk fast, talk fast and think fast..... sometimes wrong but as my daddy used to say "Do something boy - even if it's WRONG!" 

So when will I stop?

I'll stop when I'm looking up at the inside of a casket.


Let's talk about perspective.....

Nice view of Lake Travis right?


Holy shit!!! What happened?  Exact same view but with the exposure darkened significantly.

It's all about seeing what you wanna see..


Beautiful lake or drought victim....

It's all about perspective...



So the next time you're doing something to make yourself or your life better or happen to be viewing something from a different angle from the rest of the world and the World says....

"Hey - You better stop that!"

Don't be so quick to Give Up Your Guns!

You might be RIGHT and....

The World might be WRONG!

No comments:

Post a Comment