Donations to Discovery

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Assessment.... Paleo Planning... Making the Most of Your Day

What are your highest priorities in Life?

What are the time frames for these Life Goals? 1-month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 5 years, 20 years?

Are your Goals / Priorities written down?

Do you have a way to track the progress toward your goals / priorities?

It's Your Time and Your Life!

It's up you to Make Things Happen....

Otherwise....

Shit Happens!!

And you know how I feel about that....

Shit doesn't just happen....

You either let it happen or worse yet....

You Make it Happen.

And although Doing Nothing is always an Option....

a la Michel de Montaigne....


And sometimes the Best Option...

The Reality is that if you're not going  forward, progressing, getting better each day than you were the day before - Mentally, Emotionally, Spiritually, Physically....

Then it's likely you're going backwards, degrading or deteriorating.

I've made it no secret that one of my top Priorities in Life is a Healthy Lifestyle.... 

a Holistic and Wholistic Healthy Lifestyle....

Healthy Mind, Psyche, Attitude, Body..... the Whole Shebang....

And while I've got measures and system for tracking the Mind, Psyche, Attitude.... 

the Body thing is pretty simple...

Get a broad based Physical that covers everything on the inside - make sure that's in line with the boundary parameters....

And for the outside....

Just take pics and track the appearance changes over time....

So today I popped a few selfies just to see how thing were doing...

Realizing these are only upper body shots...

So let's assess....

Body fat - pretty low -  check

I can see the serratus from the ribs to the obliques.... that's good.

Lower abs are a little soft.... that's the diffference between 168 and 165.... so I can fix that.


Anaconda Arms are OK....

Pecs are there....

Could use a little Trap Work....

And deleting that stupid look on my face would help the overall view....


Ok that's better.

V-shape is there...

So.... overall..... OTAY BUTTWHEAT!


Moving on....

Got a busy day planned....

Having an all day meeting with a client in Alvin.... Yes I do work....

But I choose the Time and Place.... Aaaah so that's it.

Do I know what the day holds?  Not really - don't know if we're going to lunch or what.

So when I'm in this situation.... I always pack a backup meal.... so I don't go ballistic on some Non - Paleo binge.

Pretty Simple - 

I cooked a ton of veggies last night (see previous post) so I throw some loving spoonfuls of veggies in a container...

Had a half a dozen boiled eggs sitting in the fridge so grabbed a couple of them...

Added some grapes and blueberries and a Fuji apple from the crisper...

And a bowl of dried fruit and nuts and a banana from the cupboard.

Bam - 2 minutes of effort and I got a great Paleo lunch or Pre-Workout  Meal put together!!


Then I throw a Creatine - Fresca mix, Grape Pedialyte and a Water Bottle in the little cooler with some ice and that way, I can go straight from Work to Work Out....

Not shown is my gym bag with the workout clothes so I don't have to go back to la casa.

It probably took me a total of 15 minutes to put all this stuff together this morning.... but that 15 minutes leaves me ready to rumble for the next 12 - 14 hours....

Remember - 1 minute of Planning multiplies itself many fold in Lost or Wasted Time in the Future.


Why did I take this pic and what is all this stuff?

Obviously, it's the top shelf of my fridge and what it is from left to right:

Container of Cooked Veggies I made last night - probably enough for another 4 meals
HEB Sweet Leaf Spring Mix salad
On top of that is a package of HEB Flounder Fillets - $3.97 / lb and already prep'd with my soon to be famous African - Moroccan Spice Mix - which incidentally all the remaining proteins have on them....
Ahi Tuna Fillets - $5 for 12 oz of 2 fillets at HEB
Salmon Fillets - $5 for 12 oz at HEB
HEB Hatch Chile seasoned Thin Cut Chicken Breasts - $4.77 / lb at HEB
HEB Rib Eye Cut Pork Chops - $3.77 / lb at HEB
Ribeye - $5.97 / lb at HEB
And I think the right bottom is leftover Salmon and Veggies my daughter didn't finish last night.

So again - what's the point?

Preparation - all of these proteins are preseasoned, marinating in a fantastic dry rub and ready to cook and with the exception of the pork chops and ribeyes (which take 4 mins on each side and 2 mins of rest), all can be prepared in around 3 mins in a hot cast iron skillet.

And they're CHEAP!!


Changing subjects -

What supplements do I take?

I did this little summary a while back but figured I'd put it up again.

At the back and then left to right and where I got them:

Body Fortress Fruit Punch Creatine Mix - $18.99 at Kroger's
UltraMan Sport Men's Multivitamin / Multimineral - Vitamin World
Fish Oil - Walmart
Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM - Walmart
Magnesium - Vitamin World
L - Arginine - Walmart
L- Glutamine - Walmart
NOS Booster - Vitamin World
L - Lysine - Vitamin World
Ginger Root - Walmart
Co Q - 10 Walmart

Haven't tracked cost yet - but I'd be willing to bet this whole regimen isn't costing more than $50 / month.


And finally....

The One Thing that makes Life Worth Living....

Great Coffee!!!


Let's go knock the hell out of this Thursday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment