Donations to Discovery

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Wills on Wheels Weekly Wrapup Part 1.... Injury - Oh No! Food and Coffee!

Laptop setup at Starbucks....

Yeah - I guess I'm becoming one of those geeks that brings his laptop to Starbucks and drinks coffee and hangs out.

Guess there's worse things in life....

Let's see....

Nice environment.

Friendly People.

Good Wi-Fi.

Fresh Coffee.

Yep - I'm in.



My Not So Secret Affair....

Grande Cafe Americano with 5 packets of Organic Brown Sugar and a heavy dusting of Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Cinnamon Dolce and Chocolate and a splash of Half and Half.

Let me reiterate and reemphasize....

If you are down or depressed or tired or in pain or anything that's negative or bad in life....

Have one of these..... wait about 20 minutes.....

If Life doesn't improve.... Have another!!!



Was shopping at the Dollar Store buying some tea candles and made a tour and found some stuff for the Paleo thing....

Flaxseed - sprinkle this on anything and eat it and you'll be better off!

Plantain chips - Banana Brother.

Cumin, Basil, Curry, Garlic - sprinkle a little of these in with whatever you're cooking and  it'll taste better.



Discovered the Bar-Kays while perusing the website of my favorite bicycle shop in the World....

Huckleberry Bicycles in San Francisco CA.

www.huckleberrybicycles.com



I was late for the Tuesday Boot Camp - cleaning house for a last minute showing....

When I wheeled the Stang into the FF parking lot, saw the BC Crew out in the parking lot doing the Chris thing, so I pulled the Stallion up short, parked and jumped out and joined in.....

Without Warming up - a ritual of specific exercises I have done before every workout....

No Matter What Workout.... No Matter Where.....

Every day for over a year....

Didn't do it this time....

Started slow to make up for it.... did some squats, mountain climbers, quick feet, a couple of jogs back and forth and then Chris called for an all out sprint....

And I pushed on the pedal....

And tore my left groin from the bottom of my abs all the way into my thigh....

Nice!!!

What a Dumb Ass!!!

I preach warming up.... do it every day for forever....

Don't do it one time and then injure myself....

Had been feeling how tight it was for quite some time....

Especially when doing lunges and the CrossFit Overhead squatting / Olympic style movements.

Anyway.... Tore that SonofaBitch from top to bottom.

Again.... What a Moron!!!

Now have to deal with the consquences.....

So whadduya do?

My procedure:

  • Don't stop moving or exercising!
  • Find something you can do to work around the injury.... 
  • Whatever you do don't go immobile.
  • Ice it immediately.
  • Take some anti-inflammatory - my OTC go to is Aleve.....
  • My instant pain reliever is X Str Tylenol Rapid Release.
  • R-I-C-E - Rest - Ice - Compression - Elevation
  • See a doctor and get an evaluation.
  • Don't stop moving....
  • Did I say....
  • Don't stop moving.
  • Oh and Always......
  • Yes I'm saying Always!!!!
  • Always stretch and WARM UP!!!

Getting back to the pleasant things in life.

Putting the spices to work on a Pile of Vegetable goodness.... already spooned out a huge portion and there's still enough left for 4 - 5 more meals.



Triple Fish Stack!!

Salmon on Flounder Fillet on Ahi Tuna!!!



Really Dude.... are you serious?

I told you I was swinging for the fences....

In the workouts....

In the diet.....

Massive Low Fat Protein with a Sweet Moscato....

Sprinkled with Chocolate Almonds, Sunflower Seeds, Flaxseed and sweetened with Blueberries and Mango!

With all the Hot and Heavy Spices that make the Food taste so great, adding some sweet and fresh fruit on the top cools the heat and adding the nuts adds nutrients and texture and crunch.

Believe me.... if you had a bite combining the veggies, a nibble of each of the fishes, some nuts and a piece of mango and blueberry....

You would forget what you've been eating.....

This is Cheap Food with Cheap Wine that will restore and build your body....

Better than it was before....





Always doing this...

This guy just keeps cranking out the really cool music....

Moving to the top of my charts!!!



Same veggies.... more fish.... same nut sprinkle...

Got some fresh thin sliced jicama for garnish on there....

I find it tastes like a cross between a turnip and apple...

Pretty cool taste!!





Falsetto done right.....

Another one moving up the Wills On Wheels chart list!!



Staying in the 165 - 170 pocket!!



Local music festival??

Cool!



Damn!  I missed this.



But headed to this on Sunday..... Whoa!  That's today...

Got an extra ticket.... call me at 979-285-7219 iffin u wanna go.



Panda Express Kung Pao Chicken over steamed vegetables and a glass of water - $6.50

Told ya Paleo eating was cheaper than the alternative.


Dessert.... Banana, Strawberries, Fuji Apple, Sunflower seeds and Flaxseed.



Whoa!!! Geez - Monster Mound of Goodness!

My Creation.... at El Toro..... it's a Shrimp and Mango Salad with Beef Fajitas - cooked medium - sub'd in for the shrimp...

The best Restaurant Salad I've ever had.



Another Paleo after meal dessert.....

Fresh Banana, Banana chips dusted with Cinnamon and more sunflower seeds and flaxseed.

Is this repetitive enough for you CB?



Stay tuned for the ROW....

Rest of the Week!!!

1 comment: