Donations to Discovery

Friday, August 29, 2014

No Meat Paleo Pre GoldsFit Meal... Post Workout Meal at Maudi's... Just dessert

Wanted to get some carbs under my belt before I went to the High Noon GoldsFit workout but didn't want to eat anything too heavy so....

I cut up a good portion of kale and a squash and sprinkled it with my African - Moroccan seasoning which consists of equal parts of:
Salt
Pepper
Ras al Hanout
Hot Madras Curry Powder
Garam Masala
Curry
Cumin
1/3 part Turmeric

It's an incredible blend that I use on all meats and vegetables.


I also added 2 roasted hatch chile peppers and some sliced mini heirloom carrots.

Here's what the mix looks like after steaming with a little added water for 3 minutes in the microwave...

Note the boiled egg on deck with the Creatine - Fresca mix on the left...


I cut up the egg, added grapes, banana chips and almonds...


And fig infused balsamic vinegar...


Beautiful nutritious meal that gave me plenty of energy for the GoldsFit workout...


Happy Caveman!!


Worshiping at the altar of Maudi's Basil -  Cucumber Margarita....

For my wife...


I ordered beef fajitas with portabello mushrooms and extra veggies, no beans no rice no cheese no sour cream and extra pico de gallo and guacamole and a side of fresh sliced jalapenos...


That's a Paleo Plate if I ever saw one!


Nice Sides...


And the ever present Jalapenos....

I eat at least 5 - 6 peppers of different varieties a day....

Hatch Chile, Poblano, Red Bell, Jalapeno, Serrano, Rehydrated Ancho Chiles....

I'm convinced they are a tremendous immune booster and definitely increase the metabolic rate!!


Combine all ingredients into a heavenly plate of meat and vegetable goodness!!


Looking ahead to tomorrow's Gold'sFit workout....

Looks like a 9:00 am start is on tap for Saturday...


After the meat and veggies at Maudi's, I had to have my dessert....

This has been a week with a lot of workouts - sometimes 2 a day - I rode my bike an hour this morning and then did the rigorous 1-hour Gold'sFit workout led by Justin.

I've been hammering my body but I've been keeping it fueled with a lot of Clean Paleo Food to recuperate, restore and rebuild...

And it's been working.

So I diced up a small red delicious apple and sliced up 8 - 10 red seedless grapes and covered with banana chips, almond mix, pistachios and sunflower seeds and then drizzled the mix with Organic Honey and dusted with a good bit of Cinnamon and mixed....


This is the kind of carbs your body needs NOT Rice, Potatoes, Pasta, Bread or other Gluten based products or fried or processed foods.

Eat this and you don't get that huge sinking feeling 30 minutes later like you are walking around with a boat anchor!

This makes your mind sharp, your body light and your attitude positive and upbeat...

And that's what Paleo Eating and Working Out is all about.


Making you better tomorrow than you were today....

This is a Vicious POSITIVE Cycle that will elevate you to the next level.

See - Cristina - aren't you glad you met me today!!!

This lady did 2 Gold'sFit workouts today - what a Studette!!

Headed to the Lakeway Pool for a little Sun and Fun.

May even break out the Cowboy hat and Pipe!

Haven't smoked any good tobacco in a long time and I been saving it for an exceptional day....

And this has been an exceptional week.

A Great Life is not about denying yourself everything but Being Disciplined AND

Picking Your Battles!

And Celebrating Your Wins every once in a while!

Let's get this Labor Day Weekend started!

Get out there and DISCOVER something NEW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment