Donations to Discovery

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Korn is not Paleo but I love it... Staying Lean... Firing a Nutribullet...

My son and I were talking about me loosening up a little bit on my spending which I've done recently.

Wouldn't say I'm a tightwad....

Prefer the term....

Disciplined Spender...

But I'm 52 now... 

And I've Done My Time...


Love this song because it's basically Korn's response to the Record Label pressuring the group to follow up "Freak on a Leash" with another big hit....

Korn's response....

"Ya'll want a Single..... Fuck That Fuck That!".

I like that response.


My tendency on everything....

Some call it Obsessive....

I prefer to think of myself as an...

Extremist.


After a hard hour and a half workout at Family Fitness - Abs, Calves, Wide Grip Chins, Hotel WOD of Romanian Deadlifts, Clean and Squats, Push Presses and Front Squats - 5 reps each 7 sets starting at 20# dumbbells and going up to 50# dumbbells.
Then 20 single legged squats on each leg.  This is one of the hardest and most intense controlled movements I have ever done but it definitely cuts up the quads and hamstrings.

Blurry pic but the scale read....

166.2

That's light and lean.


That's light and lean....


Told ya I bought a Nutribullet....


So let's try it out...

Here's the field...

1/2 a Hatch Chile Pepper (You know I don't eat anything without peppers in it or on it!!!)
1 yellow squash
2 stalks organic kale
Carrot Match sticks
All veggies were slightly salted (You know I don't eat my veggies without salt - if you made me choose between Salt and Coffee..... Just shoot me!)
Raspberries
Grapes
Creatine Mix and Fresca


Top the veggies and fruit with sunflower seeds and pistachios...


That's what it looks like in the container before "extracting" - 

That's what the sales fuckers at Nutribullet call it.....

Whatever....

It's a high speed blender.


Add the Creatine and Fresca mix...


To about there.....


Attach the base...


And 10 seconds of blending and Viola...

That was my Mother's name...

You got a Greenish Smoothie that will kick your taste bud's ass....

In a good way...

Spicy, Sweet and Flavorful...

It's like drinking your entire meal....

I hate to say it and I don't give out endorsements easily....

But the Nutribullet exceeded my expectations...

Next time I'll add a little blackened pork chop to the cup....

And have a complete Paleo meal in a cup!!!


I drank half....

Added some blueberries, grapes and a ripe banana....

And a little more Creatine / Fresca Mix....


And ran it again and drank it with my meal of...

Blackened Chicken Breast...

A pile of 'em....

Once again.... Eating huge amounts of Protein...


And Fresh Veggies!!!


And more veggies...

Geez.... touch the screen for focus next time will ya?


And don't forget the Kale!


And the blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, bananas and grapes!


Beautiful and Delicious Paleo Meal with a Veggie / Fruit / Nut / Creatine - Fresca Smoothie and
a Broken Hatchet Chocolate Stout.


Been a busy and productive Sunday....

Taking it easy and catching up on some past episodes of...

Mountain Men....

Think I was one in a Past Life....

Don't believe in Past Lives?

But you believe in Future Lives...

As in Heaven?

Might need to rethink one or the other...

Cause you can't have it both ways Christians!!

No comments:

Post a Comment