Donations to Discovery

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Drinking your Meal.... He is WOD-Man!

Coffee...Coffee....Coffee...

Was talking with my favorite quartet at Family Fitness yesterday -

AC, Leroy, John and Heath....

About all things Paleo...

Which for me includes....
Lots of Coffee!

Was telling them I take in massive quantities of coffee everyday - 

2 cups of Folger's Mocha Swirl at the House and

2 Grande Cafe Americanos with an Extra Shot at Starbucks -

That's 4 shots of Espresso in each Cafe Americano....

So 8 shots of Espresso a day.

And people wonder where I get the energy to workout?

Think Massive Amounts of Caffeine!!

Here's a Grande Cafe Americano with 4 packets of Organic Turbinado Sugar and Cinnamon, Chocolate and Nutmeg added....


Then a splash of half and half and stir....

If that's not a Thing of Beauty and Fountain of Youth....

I don't know what is!


John asked me if I eat raw or cooked vegetables and my answer was....

Yes!!!

With the recent purchase of a Nutribullet, I can definitely say I have tipped the scale toward becoming a Near Complete Vegetarian....

Here's what I picked for my Nutribullet Meal...

Organic Kale, Red Bell Pepper, Zucchini, Squash, Carrots, Hatch Chile Pepper, Salt and Pepper


Veggies in first....then Raspberries and Blueberries on top.


Add my Creatine - Fresca mix for the liquid.


Screw on the blade lid....


Turn it upside down and mount on the Nutribullet base and press down....

And 10 seconds later...


You got liquid veggies to go with the protein:

Blackened Pork Chop and Flounder Fillets.


Round 2....

Using a Lambric Raspberry Beer for the liquid...

Are you kidding me?

Hey - it's a liquid....


Adding a ripe banana and chocolate almonds to this one.


Mounted on the Nutribullet base before....


Extraction!!!!


Holy Shit!!

 If you could taste this you would race to Walmart and plop down $89 + tax and have one in your kitchen too!!!


Bought these Adobo Seasoned Chicken Leg Quarters from HEB for $1.15 / lb and added my African - Moroccan dry rub to them and seared them in a hot cast iron dutch oven for 3 to 5 minutes and then baked them for 30 mins in a 400 degree oven....

All I can say is....

Wow!

Incredible taste, juicy and out of this world seasoning!



Need all this good quality food to get through another CrossFit WMD WOD!

This Warm-up is a Workout before the Workout!


Strength Focus of the Day - Part 2 of a CrossFit WMD Workout.

Then the WOD - the Real Workout - Death by Row?

Holy Row Row Row your Boat Batman!

I went for the Rx+ and did the 5000m version along with my Sisters in Arms - Brittany and Haley - 2 of the Bad Ass Chicks that Brave these Crazy Workouts.

Hey all you Muscle Bound Muscle Heads - why don't you come up to CrossFit WMD and do a real workout with these Beautiful Ladies and see what Intensity and Busting Your Ass is all about!!!


And talking about an Ass Buster - Here's the Man that makes it happen - Will Black - updating the WOD Board!!


33 minutes of Rowing and Burpees and a gallon of sweat on the Box floor later....

Look at the time on the Beast - Gomez - 30:10 - Best Time of the Day!!

And this was after watching him rep out set after set of Front Squats - peaking out at a Mind Blowing 305# set!!



Paleo and CrossFit....

Hello World?

Do you get it yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment