Donations to Discovery

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Spaghetti.... The conclusion!!!


Before I forget, one of the pics in the prior post shows me adding some brown sugar (2 tbsp total)....

I forgot to put that in the ingredient list and the instructions. 

As far as I'm concerned, that's the secret to good chili and spaghetti. 

You have to add a little brown sugar to cut the acidity of the tomatoes and tomato sauce. 

Now back to the build. 

You'll notice I didn't mention the pasta....

That's cause I'm not making any. 

While I will have a couple of thin slices of Artisan type bread a day, I have tried to keep away from pasta, rice and potatoes because I have found that it plays havoc with my blood sugar. 

I swear.... I can eat any of those things and in 30 minutes I will be fighting to stay awake. 

Just like all the Cave Man diet proponents say, the bad carbs cause spikes in your insulin levels and this causes those temporary dips in your blood sugar. 

Since I've cut these out, I don't feel tired, sleepy or lethargic after eating....

So I'm gonna use grilled zucchini as the "bed" for my spaghetti sauce. 

Drizzle with EVOO and dust with S & P. 


Oh, by the way.... the spaghetti sauce has been simmering for 5 minutes and it's still only 20 minutes since I took the first picture showing the ingredients. 

Who said a good spaghetti sauce takes hours?


So when you're ready to eat, grill the zucchini....


And then ladle the spaghetti sauce over it!!!


Top with a little fresh shredded Parmesan Cheese....


And enjoy a wonderful tasting and deceptively healthy plate of spaghetti on the back patio...


Yard looks nice. 

Now what's next....

Oh yeah....

A walk on the Surfside jetties!!!

Let's go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment