Donations to Discovery

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Glad to Meat You...


Let me show you a couple of techniques I use to really make the meat I buy taste a lot better.

The first is a couple of T-Bones I caught on sell for $3.99 / lb. I prep all my steaks this same way.

Adolph's Unseasoned Meat Tenderizer,  Salt, fresh ground Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder and Cayenne pepper.

If you're a wienie about the heat, cut the Cayenne.



Season all sides of the steaks, run a fork into both sides vigorously, then cover and put in the fridge for at least 4 hours before cooking. I prefer overnight.
 

Next item - Ground Turkey.... My favorite low fat meat.

In this case, we're treating the turkey 3 ways.   

Seasoning the turkey itself.
Adding a wet mix.
Adding veggies.   

Some may say I'm making meat loaf.  Whatever.   

You can call it anything you want.    

All I know is it makes the best ground meat I have ever tasted.   

Here's all the cast ready to act.


First, season the meat with salt, fresh ground Black Pepper, Garlic and Onion powder.

I'm skipping the Cayenne because there'll be Tabasco in the wet mix and a fresh jalapeño in the veggies. 


Mix the dry seasonings in with a fork. 



Then make a slurry with one egg, mustard (I use Grey Poupon mild & creamy), Tabasco, Worcetshire and Soy sauce and mix that up and then pour into the seasoned turkey and mix in. 



Now dice up your veggies and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper....

This is important.... always season everything you put into the seasoned meat.  Always.

I'm using sweet onion, sweet peppers, bell pepper, jalapeño pepper and a couple of pods of garlic.


And add to the mix. 



And dry fry in a medium heat iron skillet.

You can do anything with this mix:  

Hamburgers, omelettes, breakfast tacos, chili, spaghetti meatballs and yes....  

Meatloaf.


No comments:

Post a Comment