Donations to Discovery

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Not My Last Supper but.... Last Night's Supper!


Ever heard of Tofu - Zucchini Lasagna?

Neither have I....

A Vegetarian creation from a wife who doesn't like to cook meat....


My wife wanted to cook a healthy meal and I asked for high protein low cal low fat and no bad carbs... Like pasta. 

So she comes up with the idea of sub'g zucchini for the pasta and tofu for the ground meat.




Thin cut slices of zucchini that are blanched and sautéed form the layers of pasta and fine diced pan grilled tofu is the meat.

3 layers of zucchini and 2 layers of Red Balsamic Vinegar Marinated Tofu with a smattering of pepitas (toasted squash seed) in the middle.   Dress with julienned Arugula, grated Parmesan, a drizzle of EVOO and more pepitas for texture...   Oh and here's the final layer... A thick coating of homemade roasted garlic marinara sauce with fresh basil cooked in.

This was one of the best Vegetarian dishes I have ever had.....

And yeah.... if I was going out Vegetarian....

I would ask for this as....

My Last Supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment