Donations to Discovery

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Just keep getting better... And Faster


Completed my 30.5 mile Out and Back to Angleton in 2 hours 9 mins for a 14.1 mph average.

Had a great visit with my sister and ate a banana and a bowl of cantaloupe and watermelon and a small Egg Beater Veggie omelette before I did the 15 miles back home.   

One of the things we talked about is how important diet is to a person's mental, physical and emotional health.  

It's one of the reasons that more than half of my posts are about food and what I eat.   

I think what you eat is the single most important factor in your happiness. There.... I said it.   

What you eat can make you or break you. Period.

I mentioned Campfire Chili in my prior post....  

And to make Campfire Chili....  

Well - you have to have a campfire.   

This is about a simple a set up as you can get.  

4 - 16x16 concrete blocks, a 24" grill wheel from Walmart and some pecan wood I just cut up from a couple of downed limbs in the back yard.   

Accessories are a chair, a small table, charcoal starter, a wire brush to clean the grill and some leather gloves (not shown).   

The grill and concrete blocks cost me like $25 total.   

So that's the outside setup.















Here's the ingredients...

Bell Pepper, Sweet Pepper, Jalapeño Pepper, Sweet Onion, Garlic, Baby Carrots, Baby Bella Mushrooms, Squash, Zucchini, the last of the Turkey - Veggie Mix, Jalapeño Sausage, Mexican recipe tomatoes and Tomato Sauce and Olive Oil, Salt, Black Pepper, Cayenne Pepper and Chili Powder.















The plan is to grill all the large veggies and sausage over the open fire and then cut them up and add them to the turkey - carrot - garlic tomato sauce mix so I rough cut the veggies....


And drizzle them with EVOO and dust with Salt and Pepper.



I diced up the Baby Carrots and Garlic cause they'll have to be sautéed in the pot with the turkey before the other veggies and rest of the ingredients are added.


Now that the food prep is done, it's time to get the fire started. 



And let it burn down a little bit. 

Aaaaah.... I'm liking this idea already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment