Donations to Discovery

Friday, October 19, 2012

Do You Have a Personal Jesus?


What a title huh?

I can already tell you.... this one will probably get me in trouble.... if anybody read my blog. 

Ok.... I mean besides the 7.5 ..... check that.... I think it's back down to 5.5 regular readers.

That's one of the beauties of being completely unknown is that you can write some stuff that people who actually write for a living.... would never write.... or something like that.

In spit of my limited fan base, I'm still gonna make some qualifications on this post:
  1. I realize with all the Bible Banging Southerners I have reading the blog (I think there's 3 out of the 5.5) that they probably think I'm gonna talk about having a personal relationship with God and His Son, Jesus Christ.  Nope.... I'm not gonna do that.  I'm not going there.  No further comment required.
  2. In light of #1, I want everyone to understand that I have no desire or intent to be irreverent or insensitive or blasphemous about a post with content that could be interpreted that way.
  3. It's a hook.... OK?  Take it for that and run with it.
First of all, there's a song called "Personal Jesus".

As far as I can tell, it has been done by 3 acts:

Depeche Mode (who wrote it)
Marilyn Manson (you have to love that) and
Johnny Cash (God Rest his Soul).

I've listened to / watched YouTube videos of all 3 versions....

I'd have to give a slight edge to JC's version of it.... here's the YouTube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyvFhrDzLfY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I really liked Marilyn Manson's version but would still give it a close second:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl6fyhZ0G5E  



That leaves the original version by Depeche Mode in my 3rd selection:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1xrNaTO1bI




Here's the lyrics to the song:

Reach out and touch faith
Your own personal Jesus
Someone to hear your prayers
Someone who cares
Your own personal Jesus
Someone to hear your prayers
Someone who's there
Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
I'll make you a believer

Take second best
Put me to the test
Things on your chest
You need to confess
I will deliver
You know I'm a forgiver

Reach out and touch faith
Reach out and touch faith

Your own personal Jesus
Someone to hear your prayers
Someone who cares
Your own personal Jesus
Someone to hear your prayers
Someone who's there

Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
I'll make you a believer
I will deliver
You know I'm a forgiver
Reach out and touch faith

Your own personal Jesus

Reach out and touch faith



So what was the point of this post?

I believe God puts People in your life for a reason.

And everybody needs their Own Personal Jesus....

Like the song says "Flesh and Bone".

Someone you can reach out and touch, someone you can talk to, someone who will listen and who has your best interest in mind.....

Someone who has your back and not as a place to stick a knife.

Someone here on Earth.

Find that Person for Yourself.

Be that Person for Someone Else.

It will enrich your life in more ways than you can imagine.

Now see.... That wasn't so bad after all.... Was it?

No comments:

Post a Comment