Donations to Discovery

Sunday, September 6, 2015

I know the pieces fit... Cause I watched them fall away.

Decided to break in the newly relocated entertainment system by ordering up UFC 191.... 

The Best Fight by far was the Women's bout.... as usual.


Broke in the Keurig with some Black Silk!


Was talking with a friend of mine in Lake Jackson a while back.  We got to talking about music and she said that she listened to the words to get the true meaning to the song and her ability to identify it with her life and perspective.

I do the same thing.

Expressed another way..... There's Meaning  in them there Lyrics!

One thing I have been struggling with lately is the Duality of my existence.

I prefer to be settled into a routine.... of eating, working out, working, sleeping.... rinse and repeat.

But my helter - skelter schedule and lifestyle for 2015 has left me feeling like like a Man with 2 Lives.

I'm hoping that my 6 month stay in Santa Fe will end that.....

Duality.

I have screamed until my veins collapsed
I've waited as my time's elapsed
Now, all I do is live with so much fate
I've wished for this, I've bitched at that
I've left behind this little fact:
You cannot kill what you did not create
I've gotta say what I've gotta say
And then I swear I'll go away
But I can't promise you'll enjoy the noise
I guess I'll save the best for last
My future seems like one big past
You're left with me 'cause you left me no choice


One of the reasons I came back to Santa Fe.... the Santa Fe Baking Company.

See my bike under the tree out front?

Got a funny story to tell you that just happened this morning....

I park and cable lock my bike to that tree for a reason.... so I can keep an eye on it.

I was sitting at the table literally closest to the bike enjoying a pork chop, eggs and their delightful cake like pancakes.

2 people walked up to the bike with their dogs.... you know where this is going right?

I'll be damned if these 2 people didn't let their dogs start circling my bike.

The biggest dog....a black poodle looking dog hiked its leg and started to pee on the tree.

I spoke up real loud and said.... "Don't let your dog piss on my bike, please!" 

The 2 people looked up at me like they had been shot at and missed and shit at and hit.

They pulled their dogs over to another "bikeless" tree just to the right of this picture, but I could hear them mumbling and see them stealing glances at me.

I repeat....





Bet you never knew that "Head Like a Hole" was a song about the worship of The Almighty Dollar.

As Phyllis would say.... "You gotta listen to the words Man!"

"Head Like A Hole"
God money I'll do anything for you.
God money just tell me what you want me to.
God money nail me up against the wall.
God money don't want everything he wants it all.

[Bridge:]
no you can't take it
no you can't take it
no you can't take that away from me
no you can't take it
no you can't take it
no you can't take that away from me

head like a hole.
black as your soul.
I'd rather die than give you control.
head like a hole.
black as your soul.
I'd rather die than give you control.

[Chorus:]
bow down before the one you serve.
you're going to get what you deserve.
bow down before the one you serve.
you're going to get what you deserve.

God money's not looking for the cure.
God money's not concerned with the sick amongst the pure.
God money let's go dancing on the backs of the bruised.
God money's not one to choose


Another hard driving song from the Post Grunge era with Rush-like thinking man lyrics....

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away.
Mildewed and smoldering. Fundamental differing.
Pure intention juxtaposed will set two lovers souls in motion
Disintegrating as it goes testing our communication
The light that fueled our fire then has burned a hole between us so
We cannot seem to reach an end crippling our communication.

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them tumble down
No fault, none to blame, it doesn't mean I don't desire to
Point the finger, blame the other, watch the temple topple over.
To bring the pieces back together, rediscover communication

The poetry that comes from the squaring off between,
And the circling is worth it.
Finding beauty in the dissonance.

There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away.
Mildewed and smoldering, strangled by our coveting
I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing.
Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Cold silence
has a tendency
to atrophy any
sense of compassion
between supposed lovers,
between supposed lovers,

I know the pieces fit [8x]


Captain America takes a break to wash his Knee Caps.


HeyWorld - 

Do something special this Sunday - 

You'll never get a chance to make this a day to remember again.

No comments:

Post a Comment