Donations to Discovery

Monday, September 14, 2015

2 a days.... At 53!

Rode my bike to the Anytime Fitness 9:00 am PIYO Strength Workout....

Sub named Elena put us through the paces....

15 minute ride there.... 55 minutes of workout..... 20 minute ride back.

Made a run to Walmart for a few things to make it through the week.

What's not to like here?

Cantaloupe, Red Bell Pepper, Sweet Onions, Yellow Squash, Greek 100 Blueberry Yogurt, Sugar in the Raw Turbinado Sugar, Avocadoes, Lactose Free Fat Free Milk, Poblano Peppers, a Louis Lamour Short Story Adventure Book (my favorite author), Incense sticks (have I told you how much I love incense!!!), jalapeno peppers, L-Glutamine (one of the basic amino acids), MSM (a joint and cartilege supplement), tomatoes, Lavender and Lilac Scented Oil (have I told you how much I love scented oils!!!), Half and Half (gotta have the real deal for my coffee), and speaking of.... Folger's Black Silk! and a couple of small notebooks for recording my workouts.

Why do I list this?

Hey - I told you before.... You win the battle at the grocery store!



Getting ready for the Praxis evening workout and needed a little sumthin  sumthin....

Banana and Strawberries, black grapes and mixed nuts and dried fruits with a cinnamon dust..


I needed it.... 

Rode 5-1/2 miles to the Praxis place.....

And was glad I ate a little extra....

Cause this was no piece of cake....

Warmup then Heavy Squats... for me - not so heavy - the left knee is still doing it's thing to me!

Then Power Cleans and Jump rope....


For 5 rounds..


Then a 5-1/2 mile uphill ride back to la casa!

Don't know what these people in Santa Fe think of this Texas Boy, but for the most part, they seem to accept me!

Boom! Here comes the Boom! 
Ready or not, here comes the boys from the South 
Boom! Here comes the Boom! 
How you like me now? 


Not enough for ya?

Ok... here ya go....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhJfdWxpI2Q


Speaking of "How you like me now?" 

I just had to finish off the TJ's Organic Cream of Tomato Soup so I made a bath for 2 pieces of the TJ's Turkey Meat Loaf and smothered it with pan sauted kale and fresh basil and sided it with toasted focaccia bread, sweet onion, jalapeno pepper slices and kalamata olives.

And the purity of a Tall Boy Heineken!


Tomato Soup, Turkey Meat Loaf, Kale and Basil....

Now there's a combo you don't see every day!

Delicious!!!


My body said - Hey MFer - you put me through 4 hours of bike riding and workouts today....

I want some more food...

So I banged out Round 2!

2 pieces of TJ's Uncured Peppered Turkey Bacon
Sliced baked sweet potato.


2nd skillet - 

A runaway egg over easy...
1/2 banana sliced and dusted with cinnamon.


Plated with a half an avocado diced and drizzled with EVOO!


2 proteins, 1 starch, 2 fruits....


And tons of flavor!!


It's a tough life....

But somebody's gotta eat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment