Donations to Discovery

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Throwing in the Kitchen Sink!

Someone at Praxis asked me the other day if I was "willsonwheels" referring to my authorship of the post on Praxis in anticipation of their grand opening on October 3rd.


I owned up to it.... expecting some sort of feedback on the post or the blog...

Didn't get that....

But I did get a somewhat desultory comment from the husband of the asker.... something like....

"Oh yeah.... you're the one that talks about the food...." probably cause there was an injection of images of food in the post...

I could say something about this couple's view on food.... but I'm trying to gain readers.... I think.

So.... anyway now that that not so camouflaged rant is out of the way....

How 'bout we talk about food?

Every once in a while, I get to the end of the food stockpile in the fridge and I  just say WTF....

And throw everything and the kitchen sink in the skillet!

Let's start with a pile of veggies.... cause that's always a good way to start....

Hell - I eat more veggies than most of the self-proclaimed Vegans in Santa Fe!

This is a pile of baby heirloom carrots, carrot sticks, jalapeno peppers, poblano peppers, red  bell pepper, hatch chile pepper and sweet onion.

All diced, hacked, cubed and abused with salt and pepper and my African - Moroccan spice mix.


And that is one big f'g skillet - yep I pulled out the Big Boy for this one!

Smoking Hot - No Oil - just heat and cast iron - I fucking love it!


So what's this?

More leftovers Bitch!

Baked sweet potato seasoned with cinnamon and a big yellow squash with an S and P and cayenne dust.


And all the protein I have left.....

2 slices of TJ's Uncured Peppered Turkey Bacon
2 slices of TJ's Turkey Meat Loaf.

Gobble - Gobble!


Everybody in the Pool....


What's this?

A container of Autumn Roast Green Chiles....

But where are they?


On the top....


Not anymore....

Now under a pile of Kale and a half a banana....


Mix and roll over and add a cup of TJ's Chicken Stock!


And a couple of glug glugs of TJ's Balsamic - I love this stuff....

It adds so much flavor for so little cost in $ and calories!!


Not enough protein?

Fine - we can fix that!

4 eggs and salt and pepper, Kikkoman, Balsamic and a nice drizzle of Honey go into a cup....

Give it a beat and a mixing!


And add that to the cauldron....



And mix and stir.....

Bubble Bubble Toil and Trouble...

Yeah - this is a concotion.... a Witches Brew....

More like a Witches Buffet.....

Full of....

Well everything you saw go in it!


Let me tell you something Santa Fe!

You can croak and squawk about having the cuisine of the country but you ain't got shit compared to this....

And it don't cost $22 a plate....  more like $1 a plate....


Reduce heat, cover and let the flavors migrate to every little nook and cranny of this Food Space Ship!


Yeah.... any restaurant in Santa Fe would be lucky to have this one their menu!


Add some mixed nuts and dried fruit, fresh sliced red seedless grapes, a few slivers of jack cheese and a spoon of Hoisin sauce at the bottom to give it a little texture, a little sweet, a little fat and a little Asian....

With the Hot Madras Curry Powder, Cumin, Turmeric and Garam Masala in the African - Moroccan seasoning, it actually tastes a little Curry-esque!

I love making up New Words and New Dishes....

And this is both!!


And best of all.....

You got some take home!

Like about a gallon!

This will last me for at least 3 more meals!


Yeah...  Things are bigger in Texas!

Appetites for sure....

But not necessarily Waistlines.... if you eat like this.

High Volume..... High Nutrition..... Low Calories.....

Yeah Jan..... I'm the guy who talks about food a lot.

Maybe Santa Fe needs to listen to me!

Damn Wills.... you sure know how to stir the SKILLET doncha?

Fuckin' A Santa Fe!

1 comment: