Donations to Discovery

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Saturday Night Special.... Sunday Morning Breakfast.... and a Push it to the Limit Philosophy on Life.

Fresh Ahi tuna steak seasoned with salt - pepper - Garam Masala - Hot Madras Curry Powder - Turmeric and grilled in a cast iron skillet 2-1/2 minutes on each side with the Kitchen Sink Curry and a piece of grilled Kalamata Olive bread with a sprinkle of Sriracha....


Seared on the outside... Pink on the inside... Perfect

Sticking with the Fist of Power....

Pretty much sums up my perspective on Life right  now....

"Lift Me Up"
(feat. Rob Halford)
It ain't no mystery
I'm all I have left
I'm pushing back and running you over

I've been thrown down run around
Beaten 'til I hit the ground
Telling you right now that it's over

There's no room for mistakes
All the parts are in place
Say what you will but say it to my face

Better back the fuck up
Better shut the fuck up
I'll do what I want and I'll never give up

I won't be broken
I won't be tortured
I won't be beaten down
I have the answer
I take the pressure
I turn it all around




Another Saturday night  at the Santa Fe Plaza Bandstand.... Unfortunately all they were playing was some sort of Salsa, Tejano, New Mexico whatever music.....

So I had to mosey on down to the Blue Rooster...


Love the theme of this song....

Nonpoint.... very Korn-like.... which is great with me cause I love Korn!

Want all  the good things in life.... but having to work harder and harder to get them....

The price tags on the things I need are getting bigger by the day
I got a bullet with a name on it.
Bullet with a name.
The way I work so hard for things they just take away from me.
I got a bullet with a name on it.
Bullet with a name.

I'm working harder than a hundred black mules down in Mexico.
No water, no clouds, no cover,
from the hotter than Hell no dinner bell,
empty oven again from another bad opinion.
I mean who doesn't want the cars,
money, fame, attention, bars, honeys,
games, attention, stars?
Funny how we say we don't need it
then turn around and try to achieve it.



I cancelled my 4 hour hike with the Santa Fe Hiking meet up group this morning.... been testing my left knee a lot lately and just didn't think it was ready.

Really been trying to get stronger.... especially that left knee.... Yep that means I been pushing it hard, because I genuinely believe that Muscle replaces Pain.

Let me say that again.... if you are hurting anywhere.... anyway.... get out and exercise as hard and as intensely as you can....

Make some Muscle.

I will go to my Death Bed believing and practicing the premise that You Have to Test Your Limits, find those Limits and then Operate right at those Limits especially in your Physical Activity.

And then.... when you are tired and depleted and sore and in pain.... Refuel the Body!

Here's a good ole meat lover's Southern Style Breakfast with a healthy spin.

12 oz pork chop preseasoned a day ago with Adolph's Seasoned Meat Tenderizer, Salt and Pepper and the aforementioned African - Moroccan  seasoning..... I fork the seasoning in on both sides to make sure the seasoning gets inside the meat and to tenderize the meat.

2 eggs

Thin slice of kalamata olive bread

Lots of protein.... Not many carbs...


Here's how we do this....

Hot Cast Iron Skillet - NO OIL!

This is a THICK pork chop - at least 3/4".....


So my plan is 4 minutes....


On each side....


And then get a little water in the lid and dump it in the skillet and cover for...


2 more minutes....


While that's going on..... let's assemble a few condiments....


And make a simple side of Hoisin, Chile Sauce, Sriracha and Honey Mustard...

The thick 10 minute total cooking time pork chop is resting....

This is critical.... Let it rest at least 5 minutes while you are....


Doing 2 eggs over medium and toasting the kalamata olive bread...


Bringing it all together with a teaspoon of strawberry preserves on the kalamata olive bread toast and a fresh strawberry sliced...


And that Thick Pork Chop is cooked perfectly....

Done through.... Moist and Fork Tender...


Is this Over the Top for Breakfast on Sunday Morning?

You betcha...

But it goes right along with my philosophy on Life....

Pushing the Limits....

Is all part of Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment