Donations to Discovery

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

All the choices you make in Life...

Despite overeating last night, I made a choice to have half of a large avocado seasoned with salt and cayenne before my ride to Anytime Fitness this morning.


"Animal I Have Become"
I can't escape this hell
So many times I've tried
But I'm still caged inside
Somebody get me through this nightmare
I can't control myself

So what if you can see the darkest side of me?
No one will ever change this animal I have become
Help me believe it's not the real me
Somebody help me tame this animal
(This animal, this animal)

I guess when I think about it I have chosen to become an Animal of sorts.

Kind of an outcast from the pack of life and lies that I had become accustomed to.

Lone Wolf?  

Naaa....

Just Lone.


"Not Meant To Be"
It's never enough to say I'm sorry
It's never enough to say I care
But I'm caught between what you wanted from me
And knowing that if I give that to you
I might just disappear

Nobody wins when everyone's losing

Part of that perspective is that I'm just not willing to do what it takes to make relationships work.

I'm far too selfish and self-absorbed...

As the saying twisted goes....

There's No "We" in "I".

Damn!  I just made that up.....

See what I mean?


So I walk up on high
And I step to the edge
To see my world below
And I laugh at myself
While the tears roll down
'Cause it's the world I know
Oh it's the world I know

My version....

I left a World I knew...
A world that had become Toxic
In Air and Despair
And brought myself to a New World.
Is it the Place or the Perspective...
That makes the Difference.
I search for the signs
That Life is getting better
And am met with blank stares
And shaded eyes.
This is the World I know.


I chose to take a turn off the Rail Trail onto Cordova across St Francis and into the shade of an umbrella on the patio of the Santa Fe Baking Co.

For my favorite coffee in the world - Black Lightning - accompanied by all the usual suspects - Turbinado Sugar, Chocolate dust and Half and Half.


Keeping it simple....

Loving that Last Breath.


Made a triple with the Black Lighting, a gorgeous slice of SFBC's Apple and Peach Streudel and a side of pan sausage.

Was listening to a conversation at the next table over and heard this lady relating to her friend....

"It's all the choices you make in Life...."

And then she recited a list of crossroads and canyons, triumphs and tragedies....

I thought I was the only one who used phrases like that.


I took a walk around the world
To ease my troubled mind
I left my body lying somewhere
In the sands of time
But I watched the world float
To the dark side of the moon

Kinda taking a little Walkabout myself right now.


Phrase that stuck with me out of this song....

If I had everything, would I still want to be alive....


Talking about random....

Bout as random as it gets.

What else goes through my mind?

Trust me....

You don't want to know.

Just cruising up and over Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment