Donations to Discovery

Sunday, June 14, 2015

People and their Fucking Dogs!

Every once in a while, I just have to cut loose.... and vent!

It's something I've worked on for years.... venting less.... I think it's gotten better but it still happens.

So let me set this thing up....

And first let me say I'm not an Animal or Pet or Dog Hater.... I just have a different perspective / opinion on the proper place / position / status of a Dog in a Human Society.

I was sitting there at the Santa Fe Baking Co this morning at an outdoor patio table, soaking up the sunshine and a raisin - peach strudel and eavesdropping on a conversation at the next table.

This older gentleman.... he was probably in his mid to late 60's with an Australian accent, tall thin, distinguished looking gentleman.... was relating a story to a couple of friends at this table.

Basically, he was walking along in some park or something on a paved surface and he saw a Great Dane running toward him from some distance off.  The dog - horse just kept galloping toward him getting closer and closer on a beeline collision course and this guy was convinced that the dog saw him and would divert at some point.

Well, you can guess what happened.... the dog didn't divert, plowed into the old man, broke his leg severely, shredded his knee.... and a couple of operations and 2 years later, the guy is still not back to where he was before.

I can't tell you how many people I know or people I've met who have had similar life changing injuries / events because of some pet / usually a dog does something that results in them getting seriously hurt:

  • A friend of mine named  Jarma that's a little older than me had an accident back in her 20s where her little dog ran under her feet while she was stepping down and tripped her.  She broke here ankle so severely she has never walked the same again.
  • My own sister was out jogging with her dog one morning and the dog darted unexpectedly and the leash got tangled around her leg such that she tore meniscus in her knee.  Still hasn't recovered from the injury and it ended  her exercise regimen.
  • I witnessed a lady in an Austin State Park many years back trying to ride a bike with a dog on a leash. The dog unexpectedly crossed her path and she crashed her bike on the concrete path smashing her face severely and breaking her arm.  There was blood everywhere, we called an ambulance and that lady was in bad need of plastic surgery.
  • I was riding a bike several years ago outside Lake Jackson on CR 400 when I saw a Black Labrador racing from a roadside residence toward me on a collision course.  That dog was fast and it literally never diverted from its collision course and  submarined the front tire of my bike with me doing at least 20 mph. I hit the pavement so hard I saw stars.  Luckily, besides leaving quite a bit of skin on the pavement, I had no other injuries.
  • I have been bitten by several dogs while walking or riding a bike on park / woods trails ..... In every case, the owner was not in control of the dog.  You can always tell when they're gonna bite.  They run along besides you watching the motion of the pedals going round and round and then they bite you on the calf..... has happened to me 3 times!
And this doesn't even address the damage Dogs do to people's cars and houses.  I've been around people who were pretty clean themselves that lived in vehicles and houses where the freaking dog hair was everywhere - it sticks to your clothes, on your hands, it ends up in your hair and eyes.... you start sneezing and the place smelled like a dog kennel.

I don't see how people can stand it.... I don't care how clean you keep your dog.  When your dog sits on your carpet or furniture or car seat, it's wiping its ass on wherever it sits.... so you got dog shit everywhere.

Don't people get that...... OMG and then the dog licks its ass and then the Owner begs it to give them Sugar...  Geez.... you might as well just be licking the dog's ass  yourself.

And don't look down on me for talking about this..... you're the Twisted One that's kissing Dog Shit Breath.

And then there's Fleas, Mange... and all the other afflictions animals get and the Vet bill that goes with it.  I've seen people that can't pay their rent but their Pit Bull or Poodle or Shit-Su or whatever looks like it just came out of a Beauty Salon.

I could go on and on about this.... but will leave you with this.

I think there's a Place for Pets.... I understand that.... but they don't have the same Rights as Humans.

From my observation, People with Pets give more love, attention, time and money to their pets than they do the People in their lives and they don't control their Pets properly in Public.

Dogs can be a Nuisance in Public.....

Even worse.... they can be Hazardous to your Health.

So keep your Dog on a leash, in control, away from me and quiet.

Is that too much to ask?




No comments:

Post a Comment