Donations to Discovery

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Making War on... The Bird of Peace



My good day yesterday got better when my son Aaron brought me a burger and beer last night....

We got up before the Crack of Dawn.

To get to a field in Waxahachie...


For Opening Day of Mourning Dove Season!

A Texas Tradition.


Can you tell I haven't woken up yet?


Some may not know but I have been an avid hunter since I was old enough to hold a gun.... literally.

Got my first BB gun at 6 and a powerful Benjamin 342 .22 caliber pellet rifle for Christmas when I was 7.

I have killed literally thousands of birds and small animals and at least a hundred wild hogs and deer....

Until about 2007.... when I just quit hunting.

I got tired of killing stuff.


But I obviously passed on the Hunting Spirit to my son and he sets these hunts up where I don't have to do anything but show up....

So I show up and kick back...


And Wage War on the Bird of Peace....

Probably would piss off half of Santa Fe that I'm hunting and killing God's little cooing creatures.

But you know what...... They wouldn't understand.... 


Hunting is a Texas tradition that's built more on just getting together with friends....


And Family....




And making memories...

























And that's what a Good Day is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment