Donations to Discovery

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Zozobra Part 2

The Burning of Will Shuster's Zozobra is a big thing in Santa Fe and it begins the Festival of Santa Fe.

There was live music playing most of the evening....



I gotta tell you the sight of a 50 ft puppet is not something I've ever experienced.


The Zozobra Council does the inauguration of the event.


I don't know how many people were there but the whole Marcy Park field was jampacked.


Once it got dark, the whole thing got spookier.

I'll have some videos on the next post that will let you hear the Zozobra puppet groaning and growling.


See that red costumed dude at the base of the Zozobra Puppet?

That was a dancer who went up and down the steps...

It is part of the whole ritual.


Yeah.... while all this is going on.... there are fireworks going off too.

I'm telling you this was some kind of a crazy event.

No comments:

Post a Comment