Donations to Discovery

Monday, October 13, 2014

Yeah I got a Big Ego... There's a Reason for that.... You see....


I once had a close friend of mine tell me.....

“You are a Person who needs to be adored”.

While I wouldn’t necessarily use the word “adored”, I definitely could plug in the word “appreciated”.

Was in a conversation last night when someone asked me what I do for a living.  

I did the best I could to give a layman's version of what I do...

Organizing and Manipulating Technical information with various PC tools to bring Chaos into Order.

When I was done giving a couple of examples of my work, the person exclaimed...

"Geez.  You must be a Genius".

My initial response was.....  

No, my Wife is a Genius.... 

I'm just a mediocre Technical Person with a broad base of technical knowledge and a niche specialty.

A second person, listening to the casual praise of the first, admonished her to not brag on me because I would get an even bigger head.

The person meant nothing by it and I took nothing from it..... other than the fact that she thought I had an overinflated ego.

Guilty as charged.

But it brings up an interesting point.....

What is the harm in a person having an elevated opinion of themselves?  

Just as long as they don’t position or view themselves above or superior to other people.

Kinda reminds me that the World always has a way of putting you in your place.  

I guess when I look at anomalies or extremes in people’s behavior or appearance, before I allow myself to form any sort of opinion, I ask….

What if they were displaying the total opposite of this extreme?  Which would be worst?

When viewed like that – How would the World view me and respond to me if I had No Self Esteem?  

What if I weighed 216 instead of 170?

What if I had no education vs being a Smart One of Them?

What if I was a Homeless Person as opposed to Someone who can provide for themselves and their Family?

What if I was a Total Introvert as Opposed to a Flaming Extrovert?

I think we all know the answer to this line of questioning.
  
Do I need the World to adore me?  

Absolutely Not….. I love me enough to make up for the Void the World presents in positive affirmation.

Tell you what.... let's just do a little Self Assessment... a Wills On Wheels inventory if you Wills (Ha Ha).... and I'll try to be as Fair and Balanced as I can be.

When I look in the Mirror and Swim Around in the Head and Character of this little Creation of God, what do I see?

First of all, I see a 52 year old Guy who, while no George Clooney, isn't the Ugliest SonofaBitch in the World either.

Don't have the best hair in the World, but still got some and grow it and highlight it to maximum effect..... whether the World likes it or not.

And based on what I see around me wherever I go.... whether it be Austin Tx or San Francisco Ca or Winter Park Co, I got a Body that a lot of 25 year old guys wish they had.... and a body a lot of 25 year old girls wish their 25 year old boyfriends or husbands had.....

On a broader more wholistic viewpoint..... I got all my limbs and fingers and toes and no huge scars.... at least on the outside anyway.

Got a mind like a steel trap that usually ends up closing on my foot while it's in my mouth..... Yeah I talk too much and express too much and reveal too much.... Just too much all around there.... Don't listen enough.... Too quick to respond....

But you know, while annoying and obnoxious at times, I will likely never be viewed as boring.

As mentioned above, Not a candidate for Mensa, but Good Enough to hold a conversation with most elevated IQs.

Social Skills Suck.... but I work around that little Weakness the best I can.... I smile a lot and act happy and that fools enough people to keep me out of jail.

Got a Temper that can mess up a lot of shit in a short amount of time.... and has....  but I've worked on it with some success.... and some failure.... still working on it.

Know a lot and have a passion for all aspects of a Healthy LIfestyle, Working Out, Cooking, Eating, Nature, Hunting, Fishing, Hiking, Outdoors, Cycling, Cars, Music.... just to mention a few....

Got this ongoing and limited relationship with God which my new friend insists on me nurturing and....

Reluctantly and Resistively (another word that's not a word).....

I am.

When interested in something, I tend to be very focused and concentrated in my efforts to learn and master that interest.

Can Dance like I got Saturday Night Fever....

Love Short Shorts, Colorful Socks and Howling at the Moon!

Not comfortable in the Water and Scared of Heights....

But can rock a Mountain Downhill on a Road Bike at 55 mph!

And Ride a Mustang at 150+.

Love to Sleep on the Ground and Dance with the Stars.

Wake up laying next to Ariana and go to sleep with a headful of Godsmack.

Drink Coffee Like Water, Eat Like a Caveman and Shit Like a Buffalo!

Love to Be Alone.... Love Naked and Afraid and the Voice....

I Believe in Freedom of Will and Willful Freedom.

I love the Waves of a Woman's Ocean and the Mind of a Woman with a Mind.

I'm a High Tech Redneck with the Heart of a Country Boy and the Mind of a Scientist.

I am a Black Hole and a Shining Star.

Wanna live on top of a Mountain....

Wake up every morning and Walk Outside....

Arch my Back and Breathe in that Last Breath....

Raise 2 fingers to the Sky....

And Shout......

Hey World!

"You Never Met a Mother F*cker Quite Like Me!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment