Donations to Discovery

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Making a Plan Part 1

Made a late night run to Walmart last night and stocked up on all the essential required to sustain me and my Paleo thing for the next week....

Some of it is seen below in this morning's breakfast....

Lean Corned Beef (I know it's processed but without a cooktop I'm limited.... Pick your battles remember?), Kale, Carrots, Sweet Mini Peppers and Baked Sweet Potato everything hit with a drizzle of olive oil, balsamic, honey, cinnamon and my African - Moroccan Spice Mix.


Here's my kitchen for the next 7 days..... Basically everything I need to eat healthy and save a ton of money eating out.....

So I can take more vacations!!


Used to when I went on a trip I would try to plan everything out ahead of time.....

Over the last few years, I've realized it pays to be flexible and opportunistic.

So my plan now is to just get to a beautiful place surrounded by mountains and scenery, talk to the locals (in this case Ansul at Owenshouse Bicycling) about the area highlights and features, grab some resources and make a plan from there.

What you have below is a Trail Map of the Bozeman area.... North is up.

I'm staying at the Rainbow Motel on 7th....

I'm gonna go south on 7th then west on Main, do a few warmup trails on the west side of Bozeman and then take Sourdough Canyon road to the Southern outskirts of Bozeman for some more technical mountain biking.


Not too far from Yellowstone..... about 75 miles north of the North Entrance at Gardiner.

85 from the West Entrance at West Yellowstone.


Several plans for this week in my head....

Probably take one day and drive to Livingston and then down 89 to the North Entrance with my bike in the back of the Xterra and then do the whole North Entrance to Mammoth Springs to Tower Junction route on my bike through Lamar Valley....

Probably my favorite area of Yellowstone.

Then maybe another day take 191 down to West Yellowstone and do the same thing.....

Leave the Xterra in West Yellowstone and then ride into Jelliestone on my bike maybe to Old Faithful Lodge.... if the road and weather permits.


Sorry I'm having to break this plan up into 2 posts but Google Blogger is being difficult on the cell phone to Blog posting again so I'm having to go the email route which limits me to 5 pics per post.

Such is Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment