Donations to Discovery

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

When Life gives you Viral Bronchitis... Give it a WOD and make Chicken Soup!!!

Monday 10/22 evening WOD at CrossFit WMD.


Geez - My Nemesis - The Overhead Squat!

But I did OK.... getting up to my previous max of 115#.


A plate of grilled Cod over salad with seasoned kale on the deck..


Squash and kale in the skillet.


Garnish with chocolate almonds, mixed nuts and banana chips.


How do I treat sickness?

Chicken Soup - this is El Jimador's version.


Salmon with saute'd bananas over squash and kale with boiled egg on the side.


Here's my version of homemade chicken soup.

Adobo seasoned chicken leg quarters with my African Moroccan seasoning added.

LOTS of fresh veggies - Onions, Poblano Peppers, Jalapeno Peppers, Carrots, Asparagus.

A cast iron skillet and dutch oven preheated and ready to go.


Sear the chicken leg quarters.


Saute the veggies.


Add the leq quarters to 10 cups of boiling water.


After 10 minutes add the sauted veggies in.


Simmer on low for another 10 minutes.


Meat should separate from the bones easily when done.

No comments:

Post a Comment