Donations to Discovery

Monday, October 6, 2014

PowerHouse schedule... This Kid Rocks... Power to the Protein!

Powerhouse Gym Lake Jackson Group Exercise Schedule....



Probably gonna try the Monday Boot Camp and Zumba and skip CrossFit.

Because I like the way Cannis moves.....


And there's nothing wrong with getting a little Freak on!!!


Kid Rock is one of those performers that you really can't put your finger on and say....

He's Rock....

He's Rap....

He's Crossover...

He's Country....


He's definitely Bad Ass....


And got that swag too...

Kinda like moi....


Been trying to exercise a little more of this lately...

Especially over my temper.....

With mixed results...


Paleo at the China Town Buffet!!


This just goes to show you how versatile Kid Rock is when he's in the same genre with a Country Aaron Lewis (lead singer of post grunge band Staind) singing a song with George Jones and Charlie Daniels.


And then Rob Zombie on the same Kid Rock Radio.

Love it....


Whitey Ford has such a cool voice.


HEB Jalapeno seasoned chicken breast over Sweet Leaf Spring Mix with steamed kale and grapes and cinnamon almonds and sunflower seeds with a side of sweet potatoes and turnips with a Chocolate Protein Drink in the middle...

Huh?  That's new!


Feeling like doing this at least in a westward way.....

More on this later.


Yep..... I feel ya Kid....

"Only God Knows Why"
I've been sittin here
Tryin to find myself
I get behind myself
I need to rewind myself
Lookin for the payback
Listen for the playback
They say that every man bleeds just like me
And I feel like number one
Yet I'm last in line
I watch my youngest son
And it helps to pass the time
I take too many pills it helps to ease the pain
I made a couple of dollar bills, but still I feel the same


Added this to my supplement regimen.... it's a near lactose free protein supplement.

Wanted to add more L-Leucine to my diet.... it's a BCAA (Branch Chain Amino Acid) that is involved in the collagen cycle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leucine

From the Wikipedia article....

Leucine is the only dietary amino acid that has the capacity to stimulate muscle protein synthesis.

While once seen as an important part of the three branch chained amino acids in sports supplements, leucine has since earned more attention on its own as a catalyst for muscle growth and muscular insurance. Supplement companies once marketed the "ideal" 2:1:1 ratio of leucine, isoleucine and valine; but with furthered evidence that leucine is the most important amino acid for muscle building, it has become much more popular as the primary ingredient in dietary supplements with a 4:1:1 ratio.

Collagen is involved in the mechanism for repair of soft tissue injury recovery like torn muscles.

In a nutshell.... collagen rebuilds muscle tissue on a 3 month cycle and it takes 4 cycles for a damaged muscle to fully recover..... thus the one year full recovery for many major muscle traumas like torn ligaments, tendons, etc.

This stuff has a pretty fair portion of L-Leucine in it along with all the other amino acids required for rebuilding stressed muscle tissue....

The essence of getting bigger and stronger.


And here's the list.


I'm putting down 3 full scoops a day and it actually tastes pretty decent.... one of my complaints with protein powders in the past.

We'll see how it goes....

At least when people ask me now I can say....

Yes - I'm taking a protein supplement.

No comments:

Post a Comment