Donations to Discovery

Friday, October 24, 2014

Lost

I am lost off the trail in a steep wooded canyon that I think is southwest of Big Horn Peak.

I could not find the Black Butte Creek Trail from
big horn peak so took the slope down east from the large cairn of stones and began switch backing down that southern slope then took a drainage that has led me to a large sheer granite creek on my right.

Will continue to try to descend from here.

I called Madeleine and she is calling the Park Rangers. I can't get through to them.

2 comments:

  1. William is back on trail and in contact with a ranger who is giving him guidance. Both William and the ranger are giving me status updates. William sounds like he is in good spirits, and he is going strong. He has a long hike out, but should be okay. --Madeleine

    ReplyDelete