Donations to Discovery

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sky Rim Trail - Part 4 - Mile 5.... On the cold and exposed ridge line

This series of pics covers about 2 miles along the ridgeline of the Sky Rim Trail.


This is a view to the north of the Madison Range.... outside the park.

Video 3..... Windy and Cold on the Ridge!


This gives you a good idea of how the trail follows the ridge line and how steep it is on each side of the trail.

Sometimes the trail was on the north side (leeward side) and sometimes it was on the south side (windy side).


Looking over the edge.... I am on the trail right now.... 3 feet to my left is a 700' drop down to where those trees are.....

Not for the faint of heart.... One of the ways to conquer your fear of heights....

Is to get high!!!


Yep.... the trail follows the ridge up  to that peak and beyond..


And let me tell you something folks.... it is a cold Motor Scooter.....

Anytime you see me with my Frogg Togg top pulled down over my hat and my bandana over my face, the wind chill temp is < 25 degrees.


But dammit.... it's beautiful up here.... and at this minute.... wouldn't want to be anywhere else.


Snaking up the ridge...


Got to a pretty place out of the wind and chowed down on my microwaved "baked" sweet potatoes with salt, pepper, olive oil, honey, cinnamon and vanilla extract....

Talking about hitting the spot.... I could've eaten a gallon of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment