Donations to Discovery

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sky Rim Trail Miles 0 - 2

This trail takes off through sage brush flats with a slight elevation change up cause you are going up.....

To those mountains in the distance.



Trail starts to steepen a little as you get to the first of the foothills.


Looking back every once in a while gives you a feel for the elevation change.


Starting to get a view of the ridge line.... That is the Sky Rim Trail on that ridge.


Daly Creek....  the Trail crosses it several times.... luckily, the creek is small enough that all the crossing were a dry affair...



1.9 miles in.... first junction with the Black Butte Creek Trail.... 

I actually took the Black Butte Creek Trail for a few hundred yards and then went back and read the hike description and it recommended taking the left fork to the Sky Rim Trail first....

After going up that way and encountering what I did and coming down the Black Butte Creek Trail on my exit, if I had to do it again, I would take the fork to the right and go to Big Horn Peak first, i.e. do the lollipop in a counter clockwise direction...... 

But that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment