Donations to Discovery

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Back to Basics.... And 1974... And Kung Fu Fighting!

5:45 pm Workout at CrossFit WMD


Mmmmm.... Deadlifts....Basic Movement.... Strength Exercise...

And I'm paired up against the Mighty Mouse Giant.... a guy named Little John.... who's probably 5'6" 140.... but lifts like 6'3" 230 and runs like an Olympic Sprinter....

Definitely the strongest, fittest, fastest guy in the Box.... IMHO
And then some Auxiliary Work.....  I like that word Auxiliary....  Most people can't even do 10 strict Chest to Bar Pullups....

and then a 13 minute AMRAP of Front Squats and Kettle Bell Swings....

That's about as varied of an all body workout as you're gonna get.


As you can see, this 52 year old idiot was chasing the 40 year old Mighty Wonder and getting blown away....

John got 345 on deadlifts for 5 reps which is incredible.... considering how tiny this guy is...

I got 335 for 5 reps which is incredible to me.... just goes to show you what happens when you got a rabbit to chase....

He got 7 complete rounds on the 13 min AMRAP.... I got 5-1/2 rounds....

But who's counting?

I am.... 

Hey.... it's call the Human "Race" for a reason....

Everything is a Competition....

If you don't think that way then....

You're losing!


One of the advantages of being back home is that I can cook what I want....

And what I want is tons of veggies - raw and cooked - and tons of protein -

In this case - diced Holmes Pork and Venison Sausage and a big Ahi Tuna Steak - grilled hard on the outside and rare in the middle....

It's like Ribeye Sushi!


Dialed up the "Have a Great Day" playlist on Spotify and was met with a remake of one of my favorite 1974 classics.....

Kung Fu Fighting!


Hello my Faithful 4 followers and all the rest of you casual observers out there.....

I'm up early and trying to figure out what I can tear up today....

So let's get this Terrific Tuesday started....

I got the Disco rocking 105 Poinciana....

Taking the garbage out in the dark...

Gonna ride the bike to Starbucks and drink Cafe Americanos till I explode....

Pick up the pieces and throw it in my pannier....

And ride to Family Fitness for a little Phat Burner.....

And then Disco down to Zumba...

Then back home for a hard copy review of 135 pages of a Technical Procedure - Yuck!

No.... No..... Not Yuck!  Money!

I don't have a clue what my future or this Tuesday holds for me....

But let's get up and take a swing at it and see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment