Donations to Discovery

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Kindle-ing the WOD Flame!

Still one of my favorite bands of All Time.....


Keeping it Simple....

Keeping it Paleo...

Swai fillets over Spring Mix with Tomatoes, Grapes and Banana Chips and a side of sweet potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper followed by a drizzle of honey and a dusting of cinnamon and a couple of drops of Vanilla Extract.


Recently encountered a Saint.....

Problem is I'm a dyed in the wool Sinner....

Clash of the Titans....

And,  Naturally, I lost...


Looking ahead to Better and Bozeman things.


Nope.... Not turning it down or changing for anybody.

Guess I'm going to Hell.....

But it's gonna be a Helluva ride gettin' there!


Had a cheap sirloin steak ($2.97 / lb) at HEB that I dry rubbed with Seasoned  Meat Tenderizer and  my special spice mix of Salt, Pepper, Ras al Hanout, Hot Madras Curry Powder, Garam Masala, Cumin, Curry and Turmeric and let set in the fridge for a couple of days.

Got that out and cubed it up and "wok'd" it in the cast iron skillet with some bananas with a sprinkle of organic brown sugar and dumped that mix over spring mix with tomatoes and grapes.

Incredible, simple meal prepared in 8 minutes!


Struck up a conversation with this lady at CrossFit WMD the other day....

Tall, Lean, Attractive Brunette with a 15 year old son who seemed to be going at the WODs with an intensity that was a little beyond being enthusiastic about the workout.

Turns out he's a pretty bad ass competitor in the Teen Gauntlet competitions - 


Kinda like CrossFit for Teens....

Mom has to make a pretty long drive to bring the Young Spartan to workout at CrossFit WMD....

And I thought and even told Mom.....

Way to Go!

Taking the Time.... Making the Sacrifice....

To Support her Son in such a Constructive and Positive Direction.

With temps in the low 70s and low humidity during the WOD, it felt like a burden had been lifted from my shoulders and I sailed through the cardio-based WOD with ease.


Got home and my daughter had made me a beautiful supper that put my own chef'g to shame....

That Girl can Cook!

Yep.... I got my Eye on the Prize!

No comments:

Post a Comment