Donations to Discovery

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Santa Fe doesn't know what HOT is!

Pretty nice front garden to my condo....

And the best thing about it?

I don't have to maintain it!


I gotta say Santa Feans like their Mustangs.... so I guess I fit right in from that perspective.

I'm a People Watcher.... but I'm also a Car Watcher.

On the Gulf Coast of Texas, Camaros and Vettes are just as, if not, more populous than Mustangs, but, based on my observation, here in Santa Fe, I think the Stallions have the Chevvies at least 4 to 1.

And I gotta say, I would put mine right up there with the best of 'em.

As I've said before, the most IMPRACTICAL vehicle I've ever had.....

But that doesn't stop the ear to ear grin that swipes my face every time I step on the gas pedal or wheel around a turn like I'm on a set of rails.

How's the saying go?  

It's not the miles per gallon but the SMILES per gallon that counts.

I'm a driving....and I'm a GRINNING sitting on top of these 420 horses!


Sliding back to the 70s.....


And into a seat on the patio of the Santa Fe Baking Co.....

For a Bratwurst plate with Sauerkraut, 2 eggs and a cup of Black Lightning....


And a plate of whole wheat pancakes.....

All for $9.75.

Haven't figured out how this place hasn't put everybody else in Santa Fe out of business.

Have had at least 5 different offerings from this place and every one of them has been the best.

And not one over $10.75!


Can't tell you how many random conversations have started in the last week with.....

"It's so Hot!"

And being the antagonist I am, I start in with....

"You think this is hot!  You oughta be on the Gulf Coast of Texas right now.... and you'd think hot!" 

So I decided to do a side by side or, in this case top to bottom, comparison.

Here's the specs for Santa Fe!

90 degrees.... but let your eyes fall down to the Humidity reading....

And finally the "Feels like" temperature which takes into account the Humidity, i.e. the Heat Index temp....

Yeah.... Feels like 84 degrees..... in other words, the low humidity helps you feel cooler than it actually is because of the ability of the body to cool itself through evaporation of  sweat.


Now let's look at the same stats for Lake Jackson Tx.....

Same 90 degrees, but with a humidity of 70% (which is actually low for Lake Jackson - normally it's 80 - 90% humidity).....

The "Feels like" temp is 102 degrees!

That means it feels 18 degrees HOTTER than Santa Fe at the same ambient temp.

An 18 degree difference is HUGE especially at 90 degrees.

So, I think this pretty much proves my point!


I don't like Spiders and Snakes....and that ain't what it takes to love me!


Just sailing through this Father's Day.....


Cheer up World...... if you're reading this....

You're alive and....

Got a lot of extra time on your hands for frivolity!

No comments:

Post a Comment