Donations to Discovery

Monday, June 1, 2015

Just Walking would be nice... Aaaah Honey Honey at the Santa Fe Railyard

Good Monday Morning to you my 10 faithful followers!

Hey....that's up from 2-1/2 so I gotta be happy about that.

Just a few quick thoughts before I jump on my bike and head to my PIYO Strength Class at Anytime Fitness.


As I've said many times before, Progress rarely comes in a straight line.

It's most often a thrust upward from a formerly plateaued position....

Usually followed by some "throwback" or return to test that former "sticking point" level.

I've made quite a bit of progress in my quest for my own Personal Ultimate Fitness Level over the last few years.

But the last 6 - 8 months has been a time of "throwback" or at least a test of my resolve to carry on.

A torn groin last August caused by a lack of warming up and then a full sprint in a Boot Camp Class, followed by a right knee injury while moving my house contents into storage, followed by a partial left Achilles tendon tear while doing heavy calf raises, followed by an as of yet undiagnosed left knee injury while descending a steep slope while hiking......

These injuries have left me in a period of resolution.... doing what I can while learning what it feels like to relearn how to....

Walk.

Yeah.... The left Achilles Tendon tear and now the left knee injury have left me with a sense of great appreciation for.....

Walking.

And there's a lesson there.

Despite my Vulgar Display of Power at 52, the Gods of Humility and Reason have chosen to slow me down.

For a reason.... or several reasons.

To bring my Mind and Disposition in line with my Physical Abilities?

Maybe.

Something to think about....


Bee Festival in Santa Fe included a free concert by Honey Honey....


Even cloudy skies are beautiful in Santa Fe.


Speaking of a Vulgar Display of Nutrition.....

How about 6 oz of well seasoned cubed chicken breast with Purple Kale, Bok Choy, diced Fuji Apple and a garnish of a slice of fresh cantaloupe....

With a Pinot Noir / Fresca spritzer with a slice of lime.


Let's make this a Week of Progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment