Donations to Discovery

Friday, June 26, 2015

Manana doesn't mean Tomorrow..... it means NOT Today!

I was having a conversation with a friend of mine from my PIYO class at Anytime Fitness.

I was talking about my future plans and how indefinite things were and what a struggle of transition 2015 had been so far when I spouted my version of a "Gone with the Wind" line....

"I can't think or plan any further than tomorrow!".

Then we went on to talk about the laid back style of Santa Fe and somehow the word "manana" came into the conversation.

My friend said.... "You know Manana doesn't mean tomorrow..... it means not today".

She related that meaning to the pace and lifestyle of  Santa Fe.

I thought it was kinda funny that the word "Manana" more aptly fit into my current life course better than the word "Tomorrow".

Just to be sure, I looked up the definition of Manana and sure enough at the top of the hit list....

ma·ña·na
mənˈyänə/
adverb
  1. in the indefinite future (used to indicate procrastination).
    "the exhibition will be ready mañana"


Which seemed to fit my situation even more because what I was really saying is that I just want to put off the critical and inevitable decision making required to transition me from my 50+ years of entrenchment in the industry, culture and community of the Gulf Coast to the "manana" based lifestyle of the Southwest.

So with this lingering in my mind, I slow rolled my bike from Anytime Fitness down the Rail Trail to Cordova, hung a right, went through the light at St Francis and eased my bike into a shady spot under a tree in front of the patio at the Santa Fe Baking Company where I proceeded to down 3 cups of Black Lighting and make a mess of a Daily Special Burger with a side of Pancakes....


















Got done there and eased down Cerillos to the Rail Trail and came upon a Blue Bus at the Railyard....

What's that say?  I can't quite make  it out.....



Well I'll be damned.... American Idol in Santa Fe!







And people lined up for audition.....


















Then a stop at the Smoke Shop....

















Was listening to Pearl Jam all the way..... and listening to the lyrics of























Once upon a time I could control myself
Ooh, once upon a time I could lose myself, yeah...
Oh, try and mimic what's insane...ooh, yeah...
I am in it...where do I stand?

So I went home and started packing for my return to Texas.... 

1 suitcase for stuff that stays in Santa Fe
1 suitcase for stuff that goes with me back to Texas....

















And I'm thinking.... what's that they say about Life imitating Art?

And then Eddie kept singing....






















"Wishlist"

I wish I was a neutron bomb, for once I could go off
I wish I was a sacrifice but somehow still lived on
I wish I was a sentimental ornament you hung on
The Christmas tree, I wish I was the star that went on top
I wish I was the evidence, I wish I was the grounds
For 50 million hands upraised and open toward the sky

I wish I was a sailor with someone who waited for me
I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me
I wish I was a messenger and all the news was good
I wish I was the full moon shining off a Camaro's hood

I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun
I wish I was the souvenir you kept your house key on
I wish I was the pedal brake that you depended on
I wish I was the verb 'to trust' and never let you down

I wish I was a radio song, the one that you turned up
I wish...
I wish...

And all I can think about is.....

Manana.

No comments:

Post a Comment