Donations to Discovery

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Last 3 Paleo Meals.... And Much Respect to the Young Guns... And all those making a difference

Last Night's Supper.... Lot going on here so let's go through it....

Layer by Layer....

There's about an inch of veggies under all this - Sweet Onion, Poblano - Jalapeno - Serrano Peppers, Asparagus, Squash, Zucchini and fine diced ginger.

Then some fresh stuff - Thin sliced radishes, cut up apricot, a boiled egg and some pistachios and sunflower seeds for texture and crunch.

The Green Monster on the right is a portion of HEB's Power Greens - Kale, Swiss Chard, Arugula and Spinach....

And the meat protein on the bottom is a good portion - probably 6 - 8 oz of Holmes Pork and Venison Sausage cooked with a cut up ripe banana and sprinkled with HEB's Organic Turbinado Pure Cane Sugar - think Sausage and Bananas Foster - Dessert Protein!!!!

And of course... an Ice Cold Modelo with a little salt and lime.

All veggies are seasoned liberally with my current favorite Spice Mix - 

Salt, Pepper, Ras al Hanout Moroccan Seasoning, Hot Madras Curry Powder, Garam Masala, Cumin, Curry and Turmeric....

When they're finished cooking, I hit all the cooked veggies with a good glug glug of Fig Infused Balsamic Vinegar.  Lots of flavor and acidity and not many calories.... plus it combines with the vegetable stock at the bottom of the plate and creates this drop dead gorgeous and mouth watering sauce.

All the spices are available from Walmart and average $2 - $4 for enough to last you several months.

The Fig Infused Balsamic Vinegar I got off the clearance rack in the back of HEB - was originally $14 a bottle marked down to $3.74 so I bought 4 bottles - oughta last me several months.

One of my Life Hacking secrets - Have Cash Find Bargain BUY!!!


Today's lunch at the China Town Buffet - lots of lean protein, veggies, melon, lemon water and hot green tea.

Ate about 3 plates of this and walked out feeling great and ready to rumble the rest of the day!!!


Which I did through the 5:15 Family Fitness Boot Camp and then an hour of intense weights with a lot of concentrated Calf Work, Wide Grip Chins and 7 sets of a 4 exercise CrossFit Dumbbell WOD starting at 20# dumbbells and working up to 50's.....

5 reps of each of:

Romanian Deadlifts
Clean and Squat
Push Press
Front Squats

During my rotation, I talked with several folks at Family Fitness including one of my favorite of the Young Guns - Allen - who works out hard and consistently and has recently tried partnering up with another of my Young Friends - Ray.

Also met a blonde haired brute of a young man named Chris who was repping some pretty heavy dumbbell presses.  We talked about Paleo and the philosophy of being smaller and leaner yet looking bigger.

See a lot of young people like Sarah and Rudy in the Boot Camp class and the next generation up like Brian - the Pawn Star - and Ted who's trying the Paleo gig and eating his way to China... but eating the right stuff on the way....Now if I can just get him on the Creatine, we might build a new Ted!!!

And it gives me energy and inspiration and hope for all things ahead because I see these folks that are all ages, different walks of life, different backgrounds, different goals with their own lives to live and their own set of obstacles to overcome....

And they're in the gym and in the group exercise classes and trying.....challenging themselves....

Trying to improve..... Trying to be better tomorrow than they were today.

They are all on their own Road of Discovery.....

And I am running the same road with them.

After the 2 hours of working out, I decided to hit WurstHaus and have my typical 3 - 5 oz beer sampler which is pretty much gone at this point....

WurstHaus 2 sausage platter with Spicy Chicken Sausage and Jalapeno Beef Sausage with steamed veggies and red cabbage....

About as Paleo as you can get - Ok I know the beer is not Paleo - it has Hops in it - but as I've said before - you have to pick your battles and this is one I'm not fighting.  


What's missing?

Oh yeah - Jalapenos!!


So there's a little bit of Food.... 

A little bit of People.....

And a little bit of Philosophy....

Pretty good week so far.

Ted asked me today if I had bought the Mustang yet.

And I told him....

You'll know when you see me in it.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment