Donations to Discovery

Monday, December 14, 2015

Swimming Upstream... Winter Wonderland...Bridgestone Blizzak performance....Chipper WOD!

I like to change up my proteins frequently to keep the palette and the muscle rebuilding stimulated.

Wild Sockeye Salmon - coated heavy with salt, pepper and my mix of Hot Madras Curry Powder, Garam Masala, Cumin, Turmeric and Allspice - 2 minutes on each side in a smoking hot cast iron skillet.

Sided with cinnamon spiced sauted baked sweet potato and spring mix / arugula, tomatoes, carrots and blueberries.


Snowmobile? 

Naaah.... Just MissStang at the Hiking Group rendezvous point.


With 6" of fresh snow, it was like a beautiful frosting of the whole Santa Fe countryside.


Yep..... I'm actually doing this kind of stuff.
I guess dreams really do come true.


Holy Cold Temps Batman!  7 degrees!


Ever since I saw him on That Metal Show on VH1, I have really enjoyed listening to Zakk Wylde.


This last little bout of snow and ice gave me a pretty good test for the Bridgestone Blizzak LM-32s I put on the Tall Cool Lady in the Red Dress.


150 mph Snow Tire - Mud Grips?


Yep.... that's what these are!


And when you're driving down a sheet of ice like the road approaching my condo in a rear wheel drive sports car, you better have something besides the average street tires.


You know when the board is nearly full, it's a pretty good workout.

A 3-part AMRAP.... kinda what Will Black would call a "Chipper". 


Ended up with 3 reps with 205 on the Front Squats and the 2nd best Rx total reps.


When you're 53 years old and you only weigh 174 lbs and you're going up against 25 year olds that weigh 200, the odds and time are definitely against you.

How do I stay competitive?

Do each workout like it's the Last Workout I'll ever do and eat like it's the Last Supper!


Am I swimming upstream?

You betcha....

And I'm loving every stroke!

No comments:

Post a Comment