Donations to Discovery

Monday, December 21, 2015

3 Generations of American Badasses! A Father - Son WOD for Christmas

No secret I love Kid Rock's music and his attitude.

This song just happened to come up at the right time.


The guy on the right is my Dad and he's 88 years old and still kicking ass and taking names.


I decided he needed a little Paleo Primer so cooked him and his wife up a Paleo Christmas meal.

I seasoned everything with a mix of Salt, Pepper, Allspice and Cumin.

Flounder fillets caught by my Dad - pan grilled in a cast iron skillet.


T-Bone Steak deboned and prep'd my standard way with meat tenderizer and the spices above and forked on both sides and left to marinate in the fridge overnight.

3 minutes on each side in a smoking hot cast iron skillet created a pull-apart tender bowl of beefy - high protein goodness.


I also cast iron skillet grilled a huge batch of fresh veggies consisting of eggplant from my Dad's own garden, sweet onions, poblano peppers, squash and zucchini.

I also made a huge bowl of Spring Mix Salad with carrot sticks, tomatoes, fresh raspberries and pan-grilled figs also from my Dad's own garden.


Now that's a couple of happy Campers!

And one helluva spread of fresh High Protein - No Carb - Low Fat Meat, Veggies and Fruit.

Yeah - that 88 year old guy on the right catches his own fresh fish and, with the help of his wife, farms a 5 acre vegetable and fruit garden.

If that ain't bad ass.... I don't know what is.


Remember this table?  Yep - first piece of furniture I ever bought - when I was 22 years old.  Couldn't take it with me to Santa Fe so I gave it to my Dad..... Pass it on I say!


Oh yeah - I remember now why I don't live on the Texas Gulf Coast anymore....

Hot and Humid - Yuck!


Speaking of Coming Home....

How 'bout a workout at my old CrossFit place - CrossFit WMD!


There's the World Famous WOD board with Matt, today's trainer doing the updates.


And there's the classic CrossFit WMD workout.....

A huge warm-up followed by 3 parts:

  • Core combo of 3 stage weighted sit-ups, Box leg lifts and weighted twists
  • Strength - Front Squats - 8-6-4-2-2-1-1
  • WOD - 10 min EMOM with odd minutes doing 20 Kettle Bell Swings with either 70# (Rx+) or 53# (Rx) and even minutes doing 10 Box Jumps at 30" (Rx+) or 24" (Rx)


And there's the 3rd generation of American Bad Ass - my Son Aaron - who did the workout with me!


And there's the current 2015 CrossFit Women's 40 - 45 World Champion, Janet Black, doing some Wall Balls.


This is my Battle of Pain against Pain.... This is my War.... I have won this Battle.... I will win this War.


I think Aaron and I did all right.

I got a PR Front Squat of 225# and had no misses on the EMOM with Rx weight which Aaron duplicated.

Great Job for Father and Son!


So a Christmas Visit with my Dad and Wife and a Christmas WOD with my Son.

I'd say that's a pretty good Christmas already!

3 comments:

  1. Great to have you back at WMD, even if just visiting! And nice to meet the infamous Aaron!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleasure in Pain....
    My safe word is "More Please!"

    ReplyDelete