Donations to Discovery

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Letting the Women take Control of my Life...

My Life of Music anyway....

For the last few weeks I have been focusing my iHeart stations on female led Metal and Rock bands and have to say I am shocked and amazed at how good the music and the singing is.

I Googled "Female Rock Singers" and came up with this list and have been working my way through it!


Was talking with my daughter the other day about the irony that she liked Country and I liked Heavy Metal.....

She called it "Screamo" music.

I have to say I don't really like the guttural screaming of some heavy metal bands and songs but have to say that if Maria Brink is bringing her guns and her screaming to the show......

I'll take it!



Another favorite of mine is Lzzy Hale of Halestorm!


Otep Shamaya of OTEP or OT3P has a unique story.....




And The Pretty Reckless is another of my favorites.....



And I have to say, based on what I've seen, Maria Brink is one of the best producers of music videos I have seen.... love the visual journeys her videos provide!



Otep Shamaya has a punk quality that reminds me of the way Blondie (Deborah Harry) started.....

Check this video out....



Will have another post on the duality that exists in all of us.....

It seems that Men get the brunt of the negative attention for the dark side, when, in actuality, women struggle with it much more than men.

I like the exploration of this from the female side....



Speaking of exploring the Dark Side and taking a walk through the woods to the house of the 3 little Pigs....

This is definitely my favorite Music Video of all time.

Big Bad Wolf from In This Moment!



Love Evanescence's influence on We are the Fallen....




Okay..... who wouldn't like to see that facing you anytime anywhere?


Speaking of older Rock chick acts.... Lzzy Hale reminds me a little of Joan Jett....

Would you agree?



Okay, Buckcherry is not a female act.....

But this song is still one of my all time favorites!


I guess every Man should have one of these in their lifetime....


Hmmmm..... Symphonic Metal from Finland?


Yep - I'm in!



Dutch Symphonic Metal?

Sharon den Adel..... operatic, gothic, doom, symphonic?

Yep.... all of that for Within Temptation....




Probably not such a bad thing to let the Women take control of my Life....

Or at least my Music Menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment