Donations to Discovery

Saturday, December 19, 2015

Bridgestone Blizzak LM-32 Test Part 2

Yep - I was the only Mustang in the Santa Fe Ski Basin parking lot...

Hey - ain't nuttin' but a Thang....

Or a Stang!


I'd say the LM-32s took a pretty good bite out of the snow and ice.


160# of Sakrete in the trunk probably helped with that bite!

Hey - with rear wheel drive you gotta put some junk in the trunk - right?


That's a lot of slick ice.


The key with a high horsepower rear wheel vehicle is to keep a constant RPM and don't break the rear wheels loose.


The combination of the Bridgestone Blizzak LM-32s, 160# in the trunk, the 3.73 Torsen limited slip differential and keeping 2000 RPMs on the tach was the right solution for the snow and ice at 10000'!


Stopping at the Scenic Overlook.


With the snow plow working in the background.


You gotta admit - that's a pretty cool looking car!


Passing the Aspen Vista trailhead.


The Red Mare is back in the stable.

I'd have to say I was skeptical that the Bridgestone Blizzaks would perform as advertised.

But after this drive from 7200' to 11000' in 10 degree snow and ice, I'm a believer.

Yes - being able to drive a Race Red 2014 Mustang GT Premium with a Track Package around in a Santa Fe winter is pretty cool.

I Ponied up for the Bridgestone Blizzak LM-32s....

And they keep my Pony right where I want it....

Glued to the snow and ice of Santa Fe!

No comments:

Post a Comment