Donations to Discovery

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Pistols and Burpees and Double Unders and Lots of Good Food Oh My!

Took a look at the Praxis workout of the day and saws 4 sets of 8 pistols / leg to start off with.

This oughta be fun.


Have been a proponent of intermittent fasting for a long time but with the intensity and duration of some of these workouts, I found myself running out of gas and have tried making a morning meal like the one below and eating about 3 - 4 bites out of it and taking the rest with me to eat after the workout.

That little bit of balanced protein - carb - fat intake had made a tremendous difference in my 9:00 am workouts and it turns out some studies have shown that it's best to eat something nutritious, especially protein, at least 30 - 60 mins before a high intensity workout.


This was a mix of red beans and rice and sauteed veggies, chicken breast, beef sausage, mango, blueberries, almonds and pumpkin seeds.


Lot of shoulder, leg and back mobility in the warm up.

Just the way I like it!


Got the 64 pistols - 32 on each leg - quite a feat or leg for someone with a Total Knee Replacement.

Had to substitute 20# dumbbell manmakers for the burpees cause I can't do push-ups with my torn right pec but can do pressing movements overhead.

And, as usual, it took me forever to do the 120 double unders......

But I got them!

Ate the rest of my morning meal and then did 45 mins of the Olympic Lifting class with lots of snatches!


And yes, I was quite satisfied with my performance!



And for my early afternoon meal -

Grilled pork chop
Grits
Eggs
Tomatoes
Hawaiian Wheat roll with butter


And for the evening meal encore -

Romaine lettuce
Cilantro
Tomato
Radishes
Yellow Squash
Carrot sticks
Orange bell pepper
Almonds
Sunflower Seeds

With a side of my 3 meat mix - beef sausage, chicken breast, pork chop - with red beans and rice and veggies.


Join and Mix for a Fabulous Bowl of Tasty, Nutritious Goodness.


Pretty good combo of Workouts and Good Food for this Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment