Donations to Discovery

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Changing of the Seasonings!

In Santa Fe, it's that time of year when the Snow / Ice tires need to come off and the Summer Tires need to go back on.

These are the original Pirelli P-Zero's that came on my 2014 Mustang GT.

I got them out of storage and dropped them and the car off at the Firestone dealer for the swap.


On the walk back to la casa, I stopped off at Whoo's Donuts and picked up a donut. But not just any donut but a Blue Corn Maple Pecan donut.


Tire swap complete.

The Pirelli P-Zero's don't look quite as intimidating as the Bridgestone Blizzaks but will perform better in the warmer temps we are now having in Santa Fe.


Have made an adjustment from sustaining a 16 hour fast from the previous evening's meal to lunch the next day by fixing a morning meal that I have a few bites of before my bike ride to Praxis and my 9:00 am workout.

It has made a difference in my workouts.  I seem to get through them easier.

Just as soon as the workout is done, I eat the rest of the meal.

In this case, it's a mix of quinoa and brown rice, pork chop, smoked turkey deli meat, boiled egg, mango, sweet potato, strawberries, blueberries and basil.


Pulled a right pec muscle doing ring dips on Thursday and wasn't sure how it would affect me in Friday's workout.

As with most muscle injuries, it is painful and restricts the movement in the same motion in which the injury occurred which, in this case, is pushing away from and down - so no push-ups or dips.

But this workout worked well because I could push up in a vertical plane.

225 for 8 easy reps on the squats, no weight - just strict pullups and then got up to 135# on the 3 rounds of 5 rounds of "don't set the bar down" bar complex.


Bought some real weightlifting shoes - Nike Romaleos - and they make a tremendous difference when going through the motions of Olympic and Powerlifting.


Old School is what I am...


My favorite cheap protein - bone-in pork chops.

Amazing - that's 4.68# of meat for $7.75!

This will feed my needs for several days.


I must have good taste in vehicle selection because my red 2003 Ford F-150 STX Supercab 4x4 was the best looking truck in Lake Jackson Tx and now Race Red 2014 Ford Mustang GT is the best looking car in Santa Fe NM!


Time for one of those body building meals!


Sockeye Salmon fillet cast iron skillet grilled to perfection.
A little roasted chicken breast.
Romaine, cilantro, tomatoes, carrots , orange and red bell pepper, jalapeño, squash, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, almonds and pumpkin seeds.
Quinoa and brown rice with sautéed veggies.
Julienned fresh basil on the top.
A glass of Barefoot Pinot Noir.
This combo would cost you $35 in any restaurant and wouldn't taste near as good.
Bon appetit!


Making up a new batch of my "Secret Seasoning!"


Here's what I use and here's how I do it.


Meat tenderizer, salt and pepper and then a coating of my secret seasoning in that order.


Spread the seasoning evenly on the meat and then fork it in for tenderizing and getting the seasoning into the meat.


Ready for the fridge to marinate 24 hours before cooking.

Prep is the key to great tasting meat and for saving time.

These chops are 6 minutes away from being ready to eat!


Same thing with a beautiful 1# fillet of Wild Caught Ahi Tuna except no meat tenderizer.


How does the CrossFit workouts and Paleo eating plan work?


You tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment