Donations to Discovery

Monday, April 17, 2017

Just another Muscle Monday!


On Mondays and Wednesdays I have a 9:00 am CrossFit class followed by an Olympic lifting class so I always fix up a good batch of Paleo goodness to take with me to eat between the classes.

This is a mix of pork chop, roasted chicken thigh, onions, peppers, squash and baked sweet potatoes.


I added strawberries, blueberries, basil, almonds, walnuts and pumpkin seeds and ate a couple of bites and then packed the rest.


Rode my bike to Praxis and did the warmup.


This was a deceptively tough workout with the 3 rounds of front rack back lunges and slow count underhand max rep pull-ups.

Followed by 3 rounds of:

Clean from the ground front squats with 165# for 8 reps
400m run.

Didn't "have it" today but muscled through it the best I could in bringing up the rear of a fast group.


After that workout but before the Olympic lifting class, I dove into the bowl to replenish some energy.


I added a scoop of chocolate protein powder to my fruit punch Creatine mix to begin the recovery process while the workout was still going on.


After the Olympic Lifting class and 4-1/2 mile bike ride home, I fixed a pork chop and nice salad with grilled mango on top.


That's already 2 workouts, a 9 mile bike ride and 100g of protein and it's only halfway through this Monday!

Good way to start the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment