Donations to Discovery

Monday, August 20, 2012

So... How's the workouts going???


Pretty good. 

Staying off the couch for the most part. 

Walking an hour in the morning before I eat....

And an hour in the evening after I eat...


Adding in some wide grip and narrow grip chin ups and pushups to increase upper body strength and size to try to balance with the huge thighs and butt I have. 


And eating as clean as possible with lots of protein and veggies. 2 eggs over easy with JD Hot Pork Sausage and a roundup of the usual
suspects Bogie. 

Just got done with a BA new Body Pump workout at Family Fitness...

Needed a good breakfast under my belt to get through it and they had a nice new program kick off table of healthy deli delights. 

Many people have asked me when I'll go back to work. 

Here's my pat answer....

When I find the right short term assignment in the right part of the country which excludes any place where the daily high is > 80 degrees and the humidity is > 70%, i.e not the Gulf Coast which cuts off a lot of opportunities for a Comical Engineer... Which is what I yam.... Will - I - Am...

In the meantime I'll keep working on making me strong, healthy and happy. 

Sound Selfish???

Nope. Your first duty to yourself and your family is to take care of yourself. 

I know somebody right now that says she is the only one there for her family and yet is setting herself up to be a constant burden on her family by refusing to take common sense and prescribed steps to restore her health. 

My own mother did it and this person is doing it too. 

Am I on a soap box?

Yep... And this will preach. 

Take care of yourself first. 

Then take care of everybody else. 

That's the only way it will work. 

Nuff said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment