Donations to Discovery

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Why I won't live on the Gulf Coast any longer...

Just finished a 27.6 mile loop around Lake Jackson on my Mountain Bike that took me 1 hr 54 mins or a 14.4 mph average...

Not blazing speed but OK. 

Here's the weather specs when I finished. 


It wasn't near the high for the day and the humidity is actually not that bad for here....

ONLY 64%!!!

This is what I looked like when I got done....


I am dehydrated. I can feel it. 

My MTB shorts are literally dripping on the ground with sweat. 

I drank 48 ounces of water  which weighs 3.1 lbs during the ride

AND 

Lost 4 lbs during the ride....

So I sweated 7.1 lbs while riding a little under 2 hours. 

That is sick....

And it is NOT a healthy environment to exercise in. 

That is the data....

Those are the facts. 

You tell me....

Is that reasonable?

6 comments:

  1. But where ya going to go?
    I live in Utah, it's nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Utah!!!

    Have been to many of the National Parks - Grand Canyon (North side), Zion, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Capital Reef, Arches, Monument Valley, Valley of the Gods.

    Where do you live?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big city Salt Laker and have been since 9 years old (62 now). But I do live on the fringe of town on the east side to make a quick get away to the hills. Avid road cyclist with the now and then mtn bike ride thrown in.
    My wife and I met you at Cape Mears Oregon back in June and I have loved you adventures since. In fact I am going to fire up the cast iron pan and try to make somehting that looks as good as your lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember you.

    Your name is Don - right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope, Scott and Christina.
    I was snacking with my wife at the south end of the parking lot. I took a picture or 2 of you looking to the south. You posted the picture on your blog that afternoon. I was jealous of your trip and you replied to just retire and do it! And I think I will.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. My apologies. I put your name down in my notes wrong. I definitely remember you.

    I can't tell you how many people on this trip expressed the same desire as you. To do what I was doing.

    Probably at least 20 - 30 people from ages 20 - 73.

    I listened to their stories, asked about them and their lives and then told every one of them the same thing....

    Plan it and Do it.

    You won't regret it.

    I know I don't.

    Best and Greatest Thing I've ever done.

    ReplyDelete